• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damon Tools Unnatended install?

Operating System: Wimdows XP
    Burning Software: Nero 6
    Anti-virus Software: Mcafee
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

Hi, I am making a Windows XP unnatended install CD and I want to include daemon tools on it. (Im doing it because my kids keep mesing up my computer). However I wondered if there was any way to get daemon tools to install silently? I have got quite a lot of stuff to install silently, but the problem wth Daemon Tools is that it has a pop-up ULA that is launched at the very start of the install poccess. For the purposes of an unnatended install, this would be far better if it occured on first launch of the application. Are there any unnatended switches for daemon tools - and if so what are they?

Thanks in advance.

Q

If you extract daemon.msi, you can do this:

msiexec.exe /i daemon.msi /q

Comment

Thanks...

Q

Comment

Hang on... I did...

Code:
        CLS
        @echo off
        endlocal
        ECHO Installing Daemon Tools
        ECHO Please wait...
        start /wait msiexec.exe /i daemon.msi /q
        ECHO.
        as a test to see if it woould work... (I haven't specified the install directory for the CD yet...) But it didn't work, nothing got installed. What am I doing wrong?

In the install directory there are three executables - which are: install.exe setup.exe daemon.msi

Perhaps I have misunderstood your instructions? There is no mention anywhere in the extracted files of an executable called msiexec.exe. Please can you tell me what must I do to make daemon tools install completely silently?

Thanks again.

Q

Comment

I'm not sure why this won't work. Msiexec.exe is part of windows installer, and can be found in C:\windows\system32.

Does it work if you don't use start... Just use msiexec.exe /i daemon.msi /q

Comment

No it doesn't work. This time I tried:

Code:
            CLS
            @echo off
            endlocal
            ECHO Installing Daemon Tools
            ECHO Please wait...
            msiexec.exe /i daemon.msi /q
            ECHO.
            But this time there is no start and no 'wait' either. As far as I understand it I need a wait in order that each application waits until the install has finished before moving on to the next install, otherwise you end up with multiple installers tripping over each other with everything trying to install at the same time. Also I have read that this used to work with D-tools 333, but not with any versons after that. So something changed between then and now that made the silent install process either different, or just not possible.

The question is which - and how can I resolve it?

Q

Comment

Mmm, maybe you don't know? If this isn't possible though, could you please let me know? I have a whole project ready to be committed to disk - and so far its only daemon tools thats holding me back...

Any input you can offer would be very much appreciated.

Q

Comment

Oh well, I guess your silence speaks volumes.

Thanks anyway...

Q

Comment

Working...
                X