Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had any success running Battlestations: Midway? (SR 7.29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had any success running Battlestations: Midway? (SR 7.29)

I'm using DT 4.08 to mount the image, YASU to hide it, and it returns an "Insert original disk, not a backup." error.

Is there a solution, or is my image bad?

Yep, your image has bad DPM. What software and settings did you use to create it?

Comment

What operating system are you running. I reloaded this a couple of times with out success but then used the run as admin on windows vista and the game plays.
      One other problem though is the fact that the games plays but runs at 100% of my cpu and keeps lagging.
      I am running an AMD Athlon 64+ 3200 and a 6600gt video card, the only thing I dont have is a sound card other then the on board one. I thought my system was fast enough for the game

Comment

Ah! I was just going to post and ask if anyone had managed to get Midway running I've gotten the same errors has the original poster.

Comment

so has any one been able to get this game to work. I have tried everthing i can find to get this game to work from a back up. here are the setups tried

XP SP2
          NEC 3540a
          Alcohol 120 1.9.6.4719 DPM high 1x/DPM High Fastest
          Daemon tools 409HE
          Y.A.S.U. 1.1.7035

XP SP2
          Sony BWU-100A
          Daemon tools 409HE
          Y.A.S.U. 1.1.7035

XP SP2
          Sony DDU1615
          Daemon tools 409HE
          Y.A.S.U. 1.1.7035

XP SP2
          Sony DW-Q30A
          Daemon tools 409HE
          Y.A.S.U. 1.1.7035

XP SP2
          Plextor PX-716SA
          Daemon tools 409HE
          Y.A.S.U. 1.1.7035

I have not got a single image to work i either get ther error
          "Please insert ther original disk instead ofa Back up" or the can't verify disk with time limit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Was DPM succesfully read? If yes your various drives cant correct extract DPM.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

XP SP2
              NEC 3540a
              Daemon tools 409HE
              Y.A.S.U. 1.1.7035
              I used to create my images using a NEC 3520a drive, with DPM set at 8x (1x and fastest also give me bad results).
              Now I'm still using the same NEC drive, but first I use BWA Builder to create a BWA file, then I create an image with Alcohol without DPM, and then I use Quickmount to inject the BWA into the image. This method has never failed me, and it saves me a lot of time. Creating a BWA file takes less than 5 minutes, while Alcohols DPM reading process takes nearly 30 minutes on my system.

Comment

can anyone recomend a drive to work with this vesion of securom. I have done backups before of the newer securom 7 series with the drives listed. just can not get this version to work.

Comment

Working...
                X