Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions about Vista support

Hi, glad to join this community.

I am considering a dual boot configuration with Vista, but before I go and spend the money, I would like to get few answers:

1. Vista requires drivers to be digitally signed by MS, how do you get around this?
    2. With the MS having the ability to act as uberlords on my machine and disable any piece of software, driver (and probably some hardware) by a whim of their magic wand, doesn't this put daemon-tools in jeopardy? Lets say if their buddies from MPAA complain about it?

THanks

Read this tread:
    Click here to visit my website.]

Comment

hmmm

This doesnt really answer my question, I know DT will work on vista, my question is about future and how can DT prevent vista from deactivating it as they see fit...

Comment

The devs of Alcohol Soft/DTools have worked with MS to make sure the drivers are compatible with Vista. Don't worry, there is no problem with Vista compatibility now or in the future.

Comment

Originally Posted by mmix View Post
          This doesnt really answer my question, I know DT will work on vista, my question is about future and how can DT prevent vista from deactivating it as they see fit...
          dont think microsoft will block DT.... ifso... there will be a fix..
          if a company complain that wouldnґt be enough i think..because DT is LEGAL!

Comment

Working...
          X