Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yasu 1.07 doesn't work on winxp sp2 for me

i get an error saying

yasu was unable to hide any devices for securom 7.x, this may due to insufficient user priviledges. any changes that have been made will be reversed. if this problem persists contact your admin administrator. click ok to exit yasu.

but i am on administrator account already.

this error usually occurs when YASU can not access the system's registry...

Have you modified any registry keys manually, or using another anti-blacklist tool?
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

hmm......not recently, i did install a game which uses starforce a few days ago, could that cause problems?

Comment

sry, another thing (can't edit post cause post hasn't shown up yet)

i can run it fine with nosr, but it won't detect any of my cdrom drives, virtual or real, it'll just say all drives successfully hidden, and it's just blank where it shows which drives were hidden.

Comment

-nosr disables the SecuROM anti-blacklist, so now you are only hiding you devices from SafeDisc...
          Mail:

Comment

i know, i was just pointing out the fact that it can do safedisc ok just not securom, but even with safedisc it dosn't detect any drives

Comment

Are you semi-clued up with registry editing?

click start > run
              in the run dialog type "regedit", hit return (enter)
              go to this sub-key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices"
              make list of the values displayed on the right-hand side (only the ones that start with "\DosDevices\"
              post the list you made...

i.e:
              \DosDevices\C:
              \DosDevices\D:
              \DosDevices\E:
              (PS: i do not need the binary data stored in the values, just the value's name)

NOTE: If you can not access the registry key, then you have already tampered with the registry...
              if so let me know and i'll post a link to a tool that can fix this problem...
              Mail:

Comment

hmm, the mounteddevices key is empty, but there is a a key called MountedDevice1 and it's got a, b, c, e, f, g, h, which is all the drives i have (except for b, and d which is just a partition of e)

Comment

I have the same problem:

"YASU was unable to hide any device for SecuROM 7.x, this may due to insufficient user privileges. Any changes that have been made will be reversed.
                  If this problem persist, contact your system aministrator."

When I try to edit that part of regedit: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices" don't get to access.

I have the latest version of daemon-tools (4.08HE) and use the YASU 1.07. Can someone help me?

Comment

like i said, you or another application (anti-blacklist tool) has modified the systems' registry...
                    that's ok i'll guide you through the steps to fix this problem...
                    Mail:

Comment

Step 1:
                      open your registry, go to the key... "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices"
                      Right-Click on the key "MountedDevices" select "Permissions"...

Step 2:
                      You should now have the "Permissions fo MountedDevices" dialog open...
                      Now go through the items in "Group or user name:"
                      check for the item(s)... "Administrators (xxx\Administrators) (where xxx is the/your user name)" & "SYSTEM"
                      Under each of the above items, check the permissions (below)...
                      Now make sure that in the "Deny" column that "Full Control" & "Read" are Unchecked...
                      Click "Apply" then "OK", reboot your PC...

Hopefully, you should be able to access this key via regedit, if so then YASU will function normally...
                      Mail:

Comment

ah...my administrator account had a deny checked on special permissions, so i had to go into advanced and remove that value, and suddenly all the values in mounteddevices show up and yasu works again thanks syk0, you are the best

Comment

Glad to be of assistance...
                          Mail:

Comment

I seem to have a problem, which can't be fixed by just making a few clicks in the permission thing.
                            Well I don't actually know what that means, but when I open that Registry Folder, no keys are displayed on the right. And so when I try to start YASU, it says same like it was posted above. Needless to say, antiblacklisting won't work with other tools like pr0tstop (it says "Something isn't right with your registry! That error appears due to conflicts with other emulation hide software.")
                            Does anyone know how to solve that problem ?

Comment

Oh..I noticed that it seems to be a general problem and has nothing to do with yasu...
                              Because when I mount an image and try to access the virtual cd, it says that the folder is may be damaged (I don't know what the error is exactly because my windows is in German).

Can an admin maybe put this post and the post before into another section because obviously it has nothing to do with yasu? Thx!

Comment

Working...
                              X