Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Directory?

Hi Guys,

I'm really stuck and hoped that someone could point me in the reight direction. I'm not sure if i'm posting inthe riht place but bear with me.

I've seen a load of posts regards people who ask to be able to mount a directory as a drive. The usual answer is to ISO up the contents or to use SUBST or map a network drive.

None of these will work for me. What I really need is a way of mounting a directory (for read-write access) as a device. This is for use in conjunction with VMWare.

VMWare is a pain in the arse when you dont want to use its virtual disk files. I have 150gb of data I would like to be available as a drive letter within a VM but NOT encapsulated in a VMDisk image - i.e. I want the data to be written to the physical disk. Unfortunately you cant have multiple VM's accessing the same physical disk in this way as corruption and data loss occurs.

I dont want to map a network drive as that means i'm using the network stack. I dont want to ISO up my 150gb of data (understandably) and need it to be read write anyway. I dont want to use SUBST as it simply creates a mount point rather than appears as a physical device.

DT, NERO, Alcohol 120% can all create virtual SCSI devices - which is EXACTLY what I want - however, I want the virtual SCSI device to be a directory rather than an ISO etc and be read/write rather than be mounted as a CD device.

Can anyone help or point me to some tools that will do what I need.

Thanks,

Andy

P.S. First Post - please be gentle
Working...
X