Daemon with Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon with Vista

I have installed deamon on my vista (ultimate edition), but when emulation no drive appears on the my computer panel, also no autorun is beeing run.

I have had the same problem with a Alcohol 120% (trial version)

Does anyone know the origen of this problem, or how to make it work?

Thanx in advance

Yes, you need to run DTools/Alcohol as administrator on the first run by either running under the Administrator account, or by right-clicking and selecting 'Run as' from the context menu to run with administrator credentials.

Comment

I have the same problem as you.I installed daemon and after it i run it as administrator but emulation drives doesnґt appears.What can i do?

Comment

I've got exactly same problem too. I don't even have the SCSI device in Device Manager. I tried running as administrator. Upgrading to SPTD v1.42. Still nothing.

Comment

Easy go to user accounts click on turn user account control on and off remove check then ok u gtg

gl

Comment

I already have user account control turned off.

Comment

I am also having this problem, i have user account control turned off already. i have no drive letter assigned to my virtual drives on daemon tools, and whenever i choose a drive letter it says "unable to set new drive letter"

any one got any ideas?

Comment

Do you have the SCSI driver in Device Manager?

Comment

I'm wondering why there has been no comment from the Daemon Tools developers about this issue.

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with Daemon Tools functioning in Vista.

Comment

no i dont seem to have the SCSI in device manager.. how do i get that driver?

i thought that daemon tools installed that...

Comment

Ensure in device manager the device drivers for the virtual devices are installed correctly. If no drivers are installed, you've to install them by using cdrom.inf supplied by OS.

@Distorted-Vision:
                      Check system eventlog for error messages related to SPTD layer and Daemon Tools SCSI controller (some random name). Post the complete error message incl. all binary bytes.
                      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I was just checking. I don't have it in Vista either. The weird thing is Demon Tools did at one time work in Vista. When I first installed it. Then it mysteriously stopped working.

There is nothing we can do but wait for comment from one of the developers but its been quiet on that front.

Comment

Running Daemon

I am trying to run D-tools in Vista and it installed fine, but when I try to run it, it says run 1st time as local admin. I am doing that. I am the only account on the computer. Any suggestions?

Comment

Have you guys tried downloading and installing the new SPTD 1.42 for Vista? When you run this, it should update/install the SCSI drivers if they are missing.
                            It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                              Ensure in device manager the device drivers for the virtual devices are installed correctly. If no drivers are installed, you've to install them by using cdrom.inf supplied by OS.
                              @Distorted-Vision:
                              Check system eventlog for error messages related to SPTD layer and Daemon Tools SCSI controller (some random name). Post the complete error message incl. all binary bytes.

Copytrooper - I'm not sure how to get the log you're asking for. All I could find was this:

"The application (Daemon Tools, from vendor DT Soft Ltd.) was hard-blocked and raised the following: Daemon Tools is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, contact DT Soft Ltd.."

Comment

Working...
                              X