PDA

View Full Version : Daemon with Vista

tbensmann
11.02.2007, 10:42
I have installed deamon on my vista (ultimate edition), but when emulation no drive appears on the my computer panel, also no autorun is beeing run.

I have had the same problem with a Alcohol 120% (trial version)

Does anyone know the origen of this problem, or how to make it work?

Thanx in advance

Jito463
14.02.2007, 04:49
Yes, you need to run DTools/Alcohol as administrator on the first run by either running under the Administrator account, or by right-clicking and selecting 'Run as' from the context menu to run with administrator credentials.

javiersoria
17.02.2007, 10:44
I have the same problem as you.I installed daemon and after it i run it as administrator but emulation drives doesnÒ‘t appears.What can i do?

Distorted-Vision
17.02.2007, 11:29
I've got exactly same problem too. I don't even have the SCSI device in Device Manager. I tried running as administrator. Upgrading to SPTD v1.42. Still nothing.

leaky
18.02.2007, 17:44
Easy go to user accounts click on turn user account control on and off remove check then ok u gtg

gl

Distorted-Vision
19.02.2007, 14:10
I already have user account control turned off.

t0rm3nt3d
20.02.2007, 07:48
I am also having this problem, i have user account control turned off already. i have no drive letter assigned to my virtual drives on daemon tools, and whenever i choose a drive letter it says "unable to set new drive letter"

any one got any ideas?

Distorted-Vision
20.02.2007, 11:24
Do you have the SCSI driver in Device Manager?

Distorted-Vision
20.02.2007, 12:09
I'm wondering why there has been no comment from the Daemon Tools developers about this issue.

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with Daemon Tools functioning in Vista.

t0rm3nt3d
20.02.2007, 17:01
no i dont seem to have the SCSI in device manager.. how do i get that driver?

i thought that daemon tools installed that...

Copytrooper
20.02.2007, 18:48
Ensure in device manager the device drivers for the virtual devices are installed correctly. If no drivers are installed, you've to install them by using cdrom.inf supplied by OS.

@Distorted-Vision:
Check system eventlog for error messages related to SPTD layer and Daemon Tools SCSI controller (some random name). Post the complete error message incl. all binary bytes.

Distorted-Vision
21.02.2007, 20:31
I was just checking. I don't have it in Vista either. The weird thing is Demon Tools did at one time work in Vista. When I first installed it. Then it mysteriously stopped working.

There is nothing we can do but wait for comment from one of the developers but its been quiet on that front.

sportsmad
21.02.2007, 21:09
I am trying to run D-tools in Vista and it installed fine, but when I try to run it, it says run 1st time as local admin. I am doing that. I am the only account on the computer. Any suggestions?

Chiefnuts
21.02.2007, 21:49
Have you guys tried downloading and installing the new SPTD 1.42 for Vista? When you run this, it should update/install the SCSI drivers if they are missing.

Distorted-Vision
22.02.2007, 00:06
Ensure in device manager the device drivers for the virtual devices are installed correctly. If no drivers are installed, you've to install them by using cdrom.inf supplied by OS.
@Distorted-Vision:
Check system eventlog for error messages related to SPTD layer and Daemon Tools SCSI controller (some random name). Post the complete error message incl. all binary bytes.

Copytrooper - I'm not sure how to get the log you're asking for. All I could find was this:

"The application (Daemon Tools, from vendor DT Soft Ltd.) was hard-blocked and raised the following: Daemon Tools is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, contact DT Soft Ltd.."

Copytrooper
22.02.2007, 09:52
Which Daemon Tools version did you install!?

Jito463
22.02.2007, 17:12
Or perhaps more accurately, what version of Vista are you running? Beta 2? RC1? RC2? Final? RC2 onwards should not have a block for DTools (I know it was removed for Alcohol in RC2, and I believe DTools had the same block until that point).

Distorted-Vision
23.02.2007, 08:02
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition. Daemon Tools 4.08HE
STPD 1.42.

tbensmann
23.02.2007, 17:37
The only thing i know, is that the drive appears under other devices in the device manager, and it says that the hardware is working as it should, but no drive appears in my computer...

This goes for both Alcohol and Daemon

tbensmann
23.02.2007, 18:01
ok, i got it now...

if you run Vista and the drive doesn't appear:
1. Control Panel >> Device Manager
2. The drive will be under other devices
3. right mousclick on the drive >> Update driver software
4. Here you must let the wizard search in C:\Windows\System32

it will now recognize the driver, and it will work!

phoenix
25.02.2007, 07:42
Simply right click the daemon tools .exe and select run as Amin

DVDMAN
25.02.2007, 12:38
VirtualCloneDrive5 It works fine on my system. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate.

gibama
25.02.2007, 16:15
First of all, the upgrade from XP to vista was a disaster - some remnants were still lying about - had to do a new installation of vista ultimate from an upgrade dvd.
Some support guy at ms suggested not to use daemon but some alcohol stuff instead. The pc would not reboot after the first step of the 'alcohol' (which by the way looks like daemon to me), had to retract to a safe state of window.
Created a safe backup point, started the daemon (32bit) for vista installation, requested abort at the prompt to reboot now the system, did some other work on the pc, then rebooted without problem ( was expecting another disaster...).
restarted the installation of daemon - there was no message to reboot the system this time - and the installation went to a happy conclusion - tried the daemon right away.
rebooted the system - everything is still working - am I lucky !

Distorted-Vision
25.02.2007, 19:10
Already tried running as administrator. That didn't make any difference.

There are no devices in Device Manager so I can't update drivers etc.

I'm completely stuck.

Jito463
26.02.2007, 05:05
@Distorted-Vision
But what build are you running? Is it the final release? Is it one of the Release Candidates? Is it one of the Betas?

Distorted-Vision
26.02.2007, 13:13
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (32 bit) Build 6000 (Retail).