Vista x64 - Won't let me disable Autostart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista x64 - Won't let me disable Autostart

DAEMON Tools version: 4.08HE (SPTD 1.39)
    DAEMON Tools is installed and working correctly except for the fact that it always starts at system boot and I do not want it to.
    In the "Options" portion of the menu, the option "Autostart" does NOT have a checkmark beside it. If I click on it to add a checkmark I get the error "Registry Access Error".
    I am using an administrator access account.
    What should I do?

start run > regedit> and search for daemon (there are more so be carefull)... you will find a reg key and delete that key and everything will work good again...
    you could also try to update to sptd 1.42 beta

Comment

I tried deleting the registry files and it did not work. I updated to SPTD 1.42 beta and it didn't work.
      I also tried uninstalling and re-installing this time using the "Program Files" directory instead of "Program Files (x86)" and I ran it the first time "As Administrator". When I ran it as administrator it allowed me to turn off the autostart but after restarting the program still opened itself.
      Any more suggestions?

Comment

I've got the same problem of "forever autostart option" with Vista x32. If something should be changed in the registry, could you please provide a complete information or a link.
        Thank you

Comment

I've also got the same endless autostart problem with 32bit Vista... any fix?

Thanks for such a great program guys

Comment

i have the same problem... :-(

Comment

Same problem, Vista Ultimate x64, tried in administrator also nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X