Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ IV and Safedisc 4.6

Greetings everyone.
    I am currently playing with Civilization IV (DVD version) and some things (like the fact that in some random instances it takes a LOOOOOOOOOOng time to load something from the disk, while at the same time the dvd tries to emulate the sound of a Jumbo Jet taking off...) seem to point to the fact that the DVD of the game is starting to wear out so I would prefer to preserve it as much as I can, since it has already happened to me that my original Warcraft 3 cd has somehow died out (I played with it, everything worked, finished the game, shelved it. Two months later I tried again to play the game and the cd, while it has no visual damage on it, is no longer readable....).
    Because of this I tried to use DT to run civ IV from an ISO, but of course that pesky safedisc 4.6 protection that the game has wouldn't let me to. Right now this is what I did or tried:
    -I made an ISO of the DVD via nero 6 OEM (no copy errors) and tried to run it via daemon 4.08HE. The game still asks for the original dvd.
    -I reinstalled the game from the iso without any problem, but it still asks for the original DVD on startup.
    -Using the safedisc emulation of DT and/or Safedisc 4 hider and/or running DT in secure mode seems to have no effect.
    Can any one suggest me a way to make the game run without problems? Thank you in advance for any answer

Try using Alcohol instead. Nero isn't designed to image copy protected discs, Alcohol is. You may also find you need a anti-blacklist program such as YASU or SD4Hider.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it

Comment

Civ 4

Hey, you could go to gameburnworld.com and download a ****** ***** and copy it into the game directory. I do that for most of my games and programmes and it works 100% of the time. just be sure to find the game version number. Hope this helps!
        -Max

Comment

Built your image yourself, it's better!

Originally Posted by mbern View Post
          Hey, you could go to gameburnworld.com and download a ****** ***** and copy it into the game directory. I do that for most of my games and programmes and it works 100% of the time. just be sure to find the game version number. Hope this helps!
          -Max
          hi all and you "mbern"

When you say ..."..****** ***** " I see what you mean, but I also think it's not a good method !

Now I can say here we built our images games (it's very easy, my son who is 13 years old) make good images of our games.

It's easy now :

1. Make your image with Alcohol 52% FE = Free Edition.

2. Install yasu in Daemon tools directory (file).

3.Click on Yasu's shortcut.

4.Mount your CIV IV's image in Daemont tools virtual CD DVD reader.

5. Click on CIV IV's shortcut.

6. And no problem, if your image is well made, CIV IV runs fine and you can play on the Net too.

Best regard!

joeldecaroual

Comment

Working...
          X