Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug With Daemon Tools & Vista?

Hello,
    I have Vista Ultimate loaded and when I load DT v4.08HE it load with out problems. I can use the program to mount an unmount as usual. But if I put blank media into one of my CDR drives Vista does not recogize the blank disk. Which makes it impossiable to write file to blank media without Vista recognizing the disk. I posted this problem on one of the Vista newsgroups and others have had the same problem. Has anyone else noticed this.

BK

I have this same problem and I am very interested in solving it. I am going to follow the instructions in this post to see if it clears up the issue (effectively, turning off a service which is installed with DT but not un-installed).

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/my-s...ter-t6828.html

Comment

I also have the same problem.
      Well I am using DT 4.08 and updated to SPTD 1.42 but the icon keeps appearing after every reboot even after I have disabled autostart, and the images keep displaying their contents. Grr
      Will disabling daemon in msconfig startup work?

Comment

Update

I have noticed something that might be of help. The problem on seems to effect SATA CDROM drives but not EIDE CDROM drives. I have one system with both and if I put a blank in the EIDE the system notices blank media but no joy with a SATA drive. Hope this helps in finding a solution.

BK

Comment

I have the same problem with Daemon Tools activating at startup. Also, if I set my number of devices to 0 before exiting from Daemon Tools after startup, there will be the one original Virtual Drive ready to go.
          Cheers,
          Chook

Comment

I am not sure if it matters which interface your optical drive uses. I have a PATA optical and all SATA HDDs and the problem seems to remain. I am using DAEMON Tools 4.08 X64 with SPTD1.39.
            Cheers,
            Chook

Comment

Please update to SPTD layer v1.42:
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
              X