Daemon Tools x64 Killed all CD/DVD Roms drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools x64 Killed all CD/DVD Roms drives

I installed DT 4.08HE(x64) on Windows XP Pro x64 and it killed the drivers on all my Cd rom and DVD roms in the system! I get a code 39 for each one included the virtual scsi driver. This is an intel chipset Pentium D system so I tried the install on my dual-core dual opteron with nvidia chipset and the same thing happened...code 39 on all the cdrom devices. Help?

I had the same exact problem on my amd x2 machine. After installing daemon both my cd and dvd drive disappered from "my computer" I followed the steps to remove 2 things from regedit described here:
    Grav is an easy to use, yet powerful, open source flat-file CMS

Its the post by erdiko about half way down the page.

Comment

Cheers, BabyKicker!

3.4GHz Dual Core Pentium D
      Windoze XP Professional 64bit Edition SP2

Thank you for the information...I finished building my pc last night after like 5 months without a pc, and I bring it home to discover that the DT I had installed on my rig (incidentally the 64bit edition) had given me the error 39 code...

Not that I find fault with anything regarding the way DT scripted this - more annoyed at Micro$oft for not including this product in the 'it's cool' list...

I will be running the fix later tonight to see if I can get it working as no emulation options make grown men cry like a babe.

Keep up the good work and I am sure that this fix'll do the trick...

If not - I have no idea what I am gonna do

Comment

Finally...working DT in XP Pro 64bit Edition w/ Service Pack 2!!!

Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
        I finished building my pc last night after like 5 months without a pc, and I bring it home to discover that the DT I had installed on my rig (incidentally the 64bit edition) had given me the error 39 code......I will be running the fix later tonight to see if I can get it working as no emulation options make grown men cry like a wounded child.
        The registry fix worked! I had already uninstalled Alcohol 120% and DT before I left for work and turned the pc on when I got home. NEC DVD R/RW burner errored.
        Reinstalled DT and editted the registry as per link from an earlier posting.
        Rebooted and now works fine :P

Comment

Thanks baby kicker ! That worked like a charm:
          quoting erdiko:
          "Start Registry Editor (Start, Run and type in regedit then click)

Find "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" (and "UpperFilters.bak" "LowerFilters.bak", if they exist) value under the following key in the registry, and delete it:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Quit Registry Editor.

Reboot.

NOTE: You might need to reinstall any CD recording apps you have, if they start to not work completely, after doing this."

...keep on kicking those babies!:

Comment

Working...
          X