UFO: Afterlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFO: Afterlight

Anyone else having big problems with this?

I would like to hear how anyone got this to load properly.

Thanks!

Tried saying a few times in these boards but nothing will post :S
    The SecuROM is fairly nasty but easily circumvented by YASU. Except you end up with "instead original disc not backup" error 1000
    I had it going for two days from an image by using alcohol's "Image making wizard" as I started it. Tended to lag out that error or something, worked well. Something to do with system resources being hoarded or something. Except now I prodded other stuff on the PC and this tactic no longer works Annoying.
    On a side note, for some reason installing the game from a DT mounted image caused read errors....but installing from a 120% mounted image didnt.....weird

Comment

Originally Posted by MrPFox View Post
      Tried saying a few times in these boards but nothing will post :S
      The SecuROM is fairly nasty but easily circumvented by YASU. Except you end up with "instead original disc not backup" error 1000
      I had it going for two days from an image by using alcohol's "Image making wizard" as I started it. Tended to lag out that error or something, worked well. Something to do with system resources being hoarded or something. Except now I prodded other stuff on the PC and this tactic no longer works Annoying.
      On a side note, for some reason installing the game from a DT mounted image caused read errors....but installing from a 120% mounted image didnt.....weird
      So you are still having problems?
      Just to make sure we are all on the same page,
      YASU hides the virtual drive as well as my physical drive.
      Is that the objective even though I am mounting the image onto the virtual drive?

Comment

I think that DT 4.08HE + YASU 1.07 are not working with SecuROM 7.30.0014 (UFO Afterlight). Simply not working.

Comment

Let me guess, you're getting this error: Please insert original disc instead of a backup.
          Am I right?

Comment

yes, you are =)

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
              Let me guess, you're getting this error: Please insert original disc instead of a backup.
              Am I right?
              You are right, there was that error. And what can to do?
              To insert original disc?

Comment

That's the error everyone gets when using the bad warez image... sigh...
                There are already 2 threads deleted about this game, because it was about people asking for help with some downloaded image... I guess this will be the third thread.
                Last edited by Reef; 18.02.2007, 20:42.

Comment

Originally Posted by kingdelmi View Post
                  I think that DT 4.08HE + YASU 1.07 are not working with SecuROM 7.30.0014 (UFO Afterlight). Simply not working.

that is what i figured.
                  because it works with the original disc just fine

Comment

Originally Posted by kingdelmi View Post
                    Here's something for people to try. Based on info from Game Copy World that suggested this...
                    Mount a good image file, run YASU 107, use Alcohol 120 to 'Make Image' of virtual drive. Run the game while making image, retry if game times out.

...so it seems virtual drives run too fast for the SecuROM security. I tried the same thing but using Nero CD-DVD Speed to do a drive scan [quick and easy]. It has worked two days in a row now.
                    CD Bremse [CD Throttle] would probable work if the options could get lower than 8x...can someone make a utility to throttle virtual drives?

Comment

@reef

it's really sad that some people use dt for pirating, but it's more sad that that these guys mess around in the official boards.

just wait for a month and a half when c&c 3 will be released (let's assume the warez guys will come a week early). the one-time posters ratio will increase again. i know that ea uses safedisc but this game franchise is so popular that so many crappy and illegal copies will flood the scene that problems automatically will occure.

Comment

SecuROM and the Supreme Commander

The new T.A. is out, and it has SR7.?
                        Using the method of YASU 107 and Nero CD Speed [Scan on 1x], the game plays from an A120 image.
                        Can anyone find/make a drive throttle, of perhaps code it into YASU...that would complete the package.

Comment

Working...
                        X