No Virtual Drives Or Scsi Device In Windows Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Virtual Drives Or Scsi Device In Windows Vista

Daemon Tools was working fine in my Windows Vista Ultimate then it suddenly stopped working for no reason. No virtual drives - it mounts the image but no drive appears. I cannot assign a drive letter etc.

I then uninstalled it and reinstalled. Still no virtual drives or SCSI device in Device Manager. I then installed SPTD v.1.42 and still nothing.

Anyone got any ideas please?

i have the same problem.Did you solve it?

Comment

No I'm afraid not.

Comment

I think there is a serious issue with Daemon tools and Vista that the developers need to address. i don't think its mere conicidence that so many people are experiencing exactly the same problem.

Comment

Same Problem!

I have the exact same problem. Not only that, but Alcohol 120 also can't create any virtual drives. I agree that something is wrong, but it cannot be due daemon-tools since alcohol 120 is also not working. Let's all try to work on this and whoever figures it out, pls. post. It must have something to do with Vista--let me ask you all--what were the last changes you made to your system? I have been playing around with a blue tooth dongle and getting it to talk to my phone. Other than that, I uninstalled a couple of drivers that I thought were making the system unstable. I don't think I made any other major changes, but not sure...

Comment

same problem...

haha :P.. also got the same problem... Have also tried alcohol with no success... plz help. Running Vista Home premium 64bit

Comment

same problem vista home premium 32bit

Comment

Hi,

sry for the bump.

Anyone found the fix yet?

Regards,
                Jaguar008

Comment

Think i got a solution..

now go device manager
                  under "other" YOU Should have a new device SCSI or something...
                  right click and select update driver..
                  select browse my computer for driver software....
                  point the "browse" TO THE WINDOWS FOLDER and tick "include sub-folders"
                  now click next ....it will find the driver and install automaticly...
                  now go to explorer a see your new drive.

this worked for me in alcohol52%, so it should work on daemons-tools too..

Comment

for me it works!
                    Thanks for pointing out!

Comment

I have a similar problem with all the new hardware I add in windows vista.. can't find the drivers and always need to search manually in the windows folder..

when I connect a usb pen drive, for example, have to make that search 4 times..

anyone had the same problem or know the solution?

thks

Comment

Working...
                      X