PDA

View Full Version : Tried to install, but it halt and say "you must reboot after pervious operation"

radrob
27.02.2007, 09:04
Hi,

So the error is as stated above.
I rebooted several times, but the same message every time.

I deleted all DT section from registry, but the same "error" and also I can't install older versions too.

What should I do?
I still want to install it.

Thanks,
Radrob

Aero617
28.02.2007, 17:16
I have the same problem.

radrob
01.03.2007, 08:38
deleted everithyng related DT from registry, and still can't install :(

What other can I do?

THX,
R.

radrob
01.03.2007, 08:39
Hi,
I deleted all DT section from registry, but the same "error" and also I can't install older versions too.
What should I do?
Thanks,
Radrob

Hey, nobody knows here the solution? :( :(

Blazkowicz
01.03.2007, 11:57
Install SPTD 1.42.

Copytrooper
01.03.2007, 12:22
Best way is to un-install all software using SPTD layer (e.g. Daemon Tools, Alcohol), then disable SPTD service in registry (run regedit, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd and set Start value to 4), and reboot.
After reboot delete complete sptd key in services hive, if you get permission error, enable all permissions on cfg key.
Then re-install, beginning with SPTD layer v1.42:
http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads
After reboot run stand-alone installer again. If it says no SPTD layer version detected don't install Daemon Tools!

radrob
02.03.2007, 10:11
Hi,
Thank you about the ideas, what to do, but I couldn't delete the cfg key, neither modify the premission of it. (Admin rights)
I did what you mentined step by step. But somehow I couldnt delete it.

I could unistalll SPDT, and after I could install it again, but DT send me the saem error message ("you must reboot after pervious installation) , and didn't want to install. I rebooted several times, try to modify with SPDT install, uninstall, update...
But still can't install DT.

Any other idea?

Thank you for your help!!!
R.

Best way is to un-install all software using SPTD layer (e.g. Daemon Tools, Alcohol), then disable SPTD service in registry (run regedit, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd and set Start value to 4), and reboot.
After reboot delete complete sptd key in services hive, if you get permission error, enable all permissions on cfg key.
After reboot run stand-alone installer again. If it says no SPTD layer version detected don't install Daemon Tools!

Copytrooper
02.03.2007, 11:23
You must follow the instructions! You've to uninstall/disable SPTD and reboot. If SPTD is still running, it protects cfg key against any unauthorized access, thus you can't change the permissions.
Also ensure the following key is not present:
HKLM\Software\19659239224e364682fa4baf72c53ea4
If it is, delete it.

radrob
02.03.2007, 12:38
I followed the instruction as I said in my last response, but the last key you mentioned in you last post:
was the missing information.

After I delete it, everything went well, and now DT IS WORKING AGAIN!

Thank you for the help!

I hope your responses will help to the others too!

Radrob

You must follow the instructions! You've to uninstall/disable SPTD and reboot. If SPTD is still running, it protects cfg key against any unauthorized access, thus you can't change the permissions.
Also ensure the following key is not present:
If it is, delete it.

Black_Mark
17.07.2007, 06:01
Hi,
What should I do?
Thanks,
Radrob

I'm having the exact problem.
Can I try Copytrooper's instructions using the only version of SPTD available now (v1.50)?
I can't find the 1.42 version of SPTD :(

Copytrooper
17.07.2007, 19:07
Sure you can. :)

Black_Mark
17.07.2007, 20:12
Sure you can. :)
I'll try it then right on!!

Thank you :)

BlackChaos
20.07.2007, 07:26
i deleted the whole sptd folder and now when i try 2 install daemon i get an error msg and it tells me falied to open service key, plz hlp

Dogma
20.07.2007, 08:40
@BlackChaos

The forum are moderated, wich is why your post's don't up immediately.

Copytrooper
20.07.2007, 10:50
Check permissions of Services hive.