Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried to install, but it halt and say "you must reboot after pervious operation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried to install, but it halt and say "you must reboot after pervious operation"

Hi,

So the error is as stated above.
    I rebooted several times, but the same message every time.

I deleted all DT section from registry, but the same "error" and also I can't install older versions too.

What should I do?
    I still want to install it.

Thanks,
    Radrob

I have the same problem.

Comment

deleted everithyng related DT from registry, and still can't install

deleted everithyng related DT from registry, and still can't install

What other can I do?

THX,
      R.

Comment

Originally Posted by radrob View Post
        Hi,
        I deleted all DT section from registry, but the same "error" and also I can't install older versions too.
        What should I do?
        Thanks,
        Radrob

Hey, nobody knows here the solution?

Comment

Install SPTD 1.42.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Best way is to un-install all software using SPTD layer (e.g. Daemon Tools, Alcohol), then disable SPTD service in registry (run regedit, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd and set Start value to 4), and reboot.
            After reboot delete complete sptd key in services hive, if you get permission error, enable all permissions on cfg key.
            Then re-install, beginning with SPTD layer v1.42:
            duplexsecure.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf duplexsecure.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

After reboot run stand-alone installer again. If it says no SPTD layer version detected don't install Daemon Tools!
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

still can't install help please if you can...

Hi,
              Thank you about the ideas, what to do, but I couldn't delete the cfg key, neither modify the premission of it. (Admin rights)
              I did what you mentined step by step. But somehow I couldnt delete it.

I could unistalll SPDT, and after I could install it again, but DT send me the saem error message ("you must reboot after pervious installation) , and didn't want to install. I rebooted several times, try to modify with SPDT install, uninstall, update...
              But still can't install DT.

Any other idea?

Thank you for your help!!!
              R.

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
              Best way is to un-install all software using SPTD layer (e.g. Daemon Tools, Alcohol), then disable SPTD service in registry (run regedit, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd and set Start value to 4), and reboot.
              After reboot delete complete sptd key in services hive, if you get permission error, enable all permissions on cfg key.
              duplexsecure.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf duplexsecure.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

After reboot run stand-alone installer again. If it says no SPTD layer version detected don't install Daemon Tools!

Comment

You must follow the instructions! You've to uninstall/disable SPTD and reboot. If SPTD is still running, it protects cfg key against any unauthorized access, thus you can't change the permissions.
                Also ensure the following key is not present:
                HKLM\Software\19659239224e364682fa4baf72c53ea4
                If it is, delete it.

Comment

Yessss! - Working!

I followed the instruction as I said in my last response, but the last key you mentioned in you last post:
                  was the missing information.

After I delete it, everything went well, and now DT IS WORKING AGAIN!

Thank you for the help!

I hope your responses will help to the others too!

Radrob

You must follow the instructions! You've to uninstall/disable SPTD and reboot. If SPTD is still running, it protects cfg key against any unauthorized access, thus you can't change the permissions.
                  Also ensure the following key is not present:
                  If it is, delete it.

Comment

Originally Posted by radrob View Post
                    Hi,
                    What should I do?

Thanks,
                    Radrob

I'm having the exact problem.
                    Can I try Copytrooper's instructions using the only version of SPTD available now (v1.50)?
                    I can't find the 1.42 version of SPTD

Comment

Sure you can.

Comment

Sure you can.
                        I'll try it then right on!!

Thank you

Comment

i deleted the whole sptd folder and now when i try 2 install daemon i get an error msg and it tells me falied to open service key, plz hlp

Comment

@BlackChaos

The forum are moderated, wich is why your post's don't up immediately.

Comment

Check permissions of Services hive.

Comment

Working...
                              X