Problems with Alcohol Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Alcohol Images

Hi, i've got some serious problems with alcohol images and i hope you can help me!

At first i have DT 4.08HE and SPTD 1.42 installed. But if I try to read a mounted alcohol image, DT freezes. E.g. if I try to start a game and it tries to read from the virtual drive, the game freezes and I can't determine the process with the task manager at all. Or if I try to read the CD with the explorer it hangs up, too. I even reinstalled my whole system to solve the problem but it doesn't help. Same problem with Alcohol 120 itself. The only Virtual CD Drive which is able to read my alcohol images is Virtual CD 8. But I want to play a back up of a securom game and yasu doesn't work with virtual cd 8. So Securom doesn't start the game.

I hope anybody can help me!

My system:

WinXP PRO SP2 X86
    Core 2 Duo E6300
    ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
    2 GB DDR2-800 OCZ
    ATI Radeon x1900xt

How did you make you image which settings did you use.
    { "Your computer is fine sir, the problem exists between the keyboard and chair" }

Comment

To make my image I used Alcohol 120 (1.9.6) with DPM quality high and with 1x Speed. But it is not only with alcohol omages I did myself.

Maybe I should mention, that only alcohol images make problems to my DT.

Comment

Some more information:

I have installed ZoneLabs ZoneAlarm as Firewall and AntiVir personal classic Edition as AntiVirus. And I guess I found something out with event viewer (start -> run -> eventvwr.msc). There is something concerning an SCSI device and I guess that has something to do with DT:

Ereignistyp: Fehler
        Ereignisquelle: ayb5ey8t
        Ereigniskategorie: Keine
        Ereigniskennung: 9
        Datum: 05.03.2007
        Zeit: 19:54:19
        Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
        Computer: PHRAZER
        Beschreibung:
        Die Beschreibung der Ereigniskennung ( 9 ) in ( ayb5ey8t ) wurde nicht gefunden. Der lokale Computer verfügt nicht über die zum Anzeigen der Meldungen von einem Remotecomputer erforderlichen Registrierungsinformationen oder DLL-Meldungsdateien. Möglicherweise müssen Sie das Flag /AUXSOURCE= zum Ermitteln der Beschreibung verwenden. Weitere Informationen stehen in Hilfe und Support. Ereignisinformationen: \Device\Scsi\ayb5ey8t1.
        Daten:
        0000: 0f 00 10 00 01 00 6a 00 ......j.
        0008: 00 00 00 00 09 00 04 c0 .......А
        0010: 01 01 00 50 00 00 00 00 ...P....
        0018: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
        0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
        0028: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
        0030: 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 ........

Unfortunately it is German, but I hope you understand it anyway! Thanks, Phrazer

Comment

Isn't there anybody who can help me or has the same problem??

Comment

Ok, to everybody who's interested in it:

I solved the problem on my own. Afterwards it seemde to be very simple, but I never thought of it. The problems only occure, when I have my CPU overclocked! And it doesn't matter who much I overclock it, 5% are enough to break my system down if I mount an alcohol image.
            And that must have sth to do with DaemonTools, cause with VirtualDrive is it possible to mount mds-files.

So long and thanks for your thoughts about my problem, Phrazer

Comment

Working...
            X