PnP Bios Extension... two of them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PnP Bios Extension... two of them

I had two of those. I deleted dtscsi.sys from the system32\drivers and from the registry. I could not fin any other Deamon Tools related files. Then I uninstalled one of the PnP's but the other one just won't go.

Daemon Tools v4.0x does not use the PnP BIOS Extension anymore.
    Also ensure you don't delete Alcohol's Plug and Play BIOS Extension (unless you remove the related obsolete Alcohol version, too).
    For manual removal procedure of Daemon Tools v3.43 - v3.47 check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

There are no files as the ones listed in the thread about the 25002 error.

Comment

Out of spite, I tried updating the drivers and now every time I start windows I get the "new hardware found" messege ! In the device manager, under Details it reads:

Device Instance Id: ROOT\SYSTEM\0004
        Hardware Ids: root\d343
        Service: d343bus
        Enumerator: ROOT
        Devnode Flags:
        DN_ROOT_ENUMERATED
        DN_HAS_PROBLEM
        DN_DISABLED
        DN_NT_ENUMARATOR
        DN_NT_DRIVER
        ConfigFlags: CONFIGFLAG_FINISH_INSTAL
        Class Coinstaller: SysSetup.Dll,CriticalColnstaller
        Current Power State: D3
        Power Capabilities:
        PDCAP_D0_SUPPORTED
        PDCAP_D3_SUPPORTED
        Power State Mappings:
        S0 -> D0
        S1 -> D3
        S2 -> D3
        S3 -> D3
        S4 -> D3
        S5 -> D3

If thats of any help.

Comment

I also delated sptd.sys from the drivers folder and from the registry, again no luck. Also, Alcohol 120% was previsiously installed (not by me), I deleted it and the Plug and Play Bios Extension is present and also can't be deleted, but it shows no errors (it dosent have the yellow exclemation mark).

Comment

SPTD.sys and dtscsi.sys are v4.0x files, so deleting them will have NO effect on devices of v3.4x version.
            So you had v3.43 installed before, thus following the steps mentioned in thread about error 25002 should cover your problem.
            Regarding removal of Alcohol, please contact Alcohol support.

Comment

I am wondering, do you have anything else installed that as the ability to use a virtual drive, like nero?

Nero also comes with a virtual drive (at least the older versions of nero did, which I dont recommend using, it is crap.)

and before anybody says anything, NO, I am not talking about nero's virtual burner either, nero did come with a virtual drive also.

Comment

OK, [here's the first thread about the old versions. There are no keys with the corresponding product name.

Here's the second. Isn't the "Plug and Play BIOS Extension" the one used by Alcohol? Also what does "4" stands for? What drivers, from where, I though I should just delete it drom the device manager? Anyway, I can't uninstall it, same problem with the PnP Bios Extension. I deleted the controller from the SCSI section without problems, but it still couldn't delete the PnP Bios Extension.

I have Nero 6 Enterprise Edition.

Comment

The two threads are for versions prior v3.43 - you've to follow the steps mentioned in thread about error 25002.
                  What happens if you try to delete the PnP BIOS Extension? System hangs are usually caused by anti blacklisting tools messing around with registry permissions.

Comment

Yeah, it hangs.
                    I used the Find function in the regedit and deleted everything that had anything to do with d343\d347. There are no more keys with simillar names, but there are still some results when values and data are included in the search. Should I delete them also? I have also searched the Windows directory and there are no related files.

Comment

Working...
                    X