Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greets to All! I'm from Russia! I can't install DT 4.08... HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greets to All! I'm from Russia! I can't install DT 4.08... HELP!!!

I have some problems. I can't install Daemon Tools 4.08!!!

During the install it appears the window:

"Current SPTD installation cannot be validated by setup. It is recommended to disable SPTD service and rerun setup after reboot. Do you want to disable SPTD service now?"

I reboot the system. After the boot Windows, it appears the second window:

"Setup must restart Windows and continue installation after reboot. Would you like to restart now?"

I choose OK. System reboots again. And after the boot Daemon shows the thirst window again ("Current Sptd installation cannot be...")

AND SO ALL THE TIME!!! I can reboot the system indefinitely number of times, but installation never finished!!!

Please help!!! Nobody can help me on Russian forums.

PS: Sorry for English.

Uninstall all software using SPTD layer (e.g. Alcohol, Daemon Tools), open registry editor (execute regedit) and go to this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
    change the Start value to 4 (disabled), and reboot.
    After reboot delete the whole sptd key in services hive. If you get error message about permissions enable all permissions on cfg key first.
    Reboot again.
    Execute 1.42 stand-alone installer then to install SPTD, reboot, then run 1.42 installer again. If it says no SPTD version detected, do NOT install Alcohol etc., we've to ensure correct SPTD layer installation first.
    check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
    If the "r0" key exists after reboot, delete it.

Comment

Working...
    X