Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daemon Tools auto starts all my mounted images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools auto starts all my mounted images?

Okay, this is kind of weird, since I've never had this happen to me before and have been using Daemon Tools (awesome program) for a long time now.

Basically, the problem is every time I start Windows all the images I have mounted in Daemon Tools launch and I have to exit out of the 'Click Here to Play, Explore CD, Uninstall, etc' options.

In my options I have Secure Mode and Auto Mount enabled, I have Auto Start and InUse Check disabled. I've tried taking off auto mount but then I have to remount my images every time I start Windows.

So basically I'm wondering how I can make Daemon Tools act how it use to when it worked perfectly? Also, I noticed the Daemon Tools tray icon never goes away unless I exit it (but keep everything mounted). It use to just start up without a tray icon.

I also had (note: had) this problem once before, but I dont remember how I cured it also.

you might want to try to unmount all of your images, un-install daemon and then re-install it.

Also, the tray icon is supposed to be there, at least it always has for me that is.

Comment

I belive if you take the daemon file out of startup (msconfig) it wont start the tray icon.

There are some options if you right click on the tray icon and pick options, they may help, I dont know for sure.

Comment

Update to latest SPTD layer version:

And wait for next Daemon Tools version.
        As workaround disable OS autoplay feature meanwhile.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, however I have uninstalled reinstalled and am using the latest SPTD and still the same thing.

I'll try disabling it from msconfig and see what happens.

Comment

I have the same prob.

I still can't find the way to solve this problem.. When I was using 4.03 ver. I had no prob. but after I upgraded to this latest 4.08 ver. the prob. starts to occur; I uninstalled 4.08 and went back to 4.03 but the same prob. occurs Did anyone solve this problem??

Comment

Try this way: uncheck InUse check from Options. It work on me.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. My mounted images always auto-start. Never had this problem in previous Daemon versions (I'm using ver 4.08). "In Use Check" is unmarked.

Comment

Any news about the new version that will fix the problem? I also never had the problem with previous versions.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

I have got the same but it was resolve after this manipulation :

1) Run : Regedit
                    2) Go to : Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Services\Cdrom
                    3) Finding the Key : "Autorun"
                    4) Set the value to 0.

Let me know if it resolve yours problem also..
                    Rgds.
                    xVZx

Comment

Hi,
                      I`ve got a solution how you can return to good old Version 4.03:

1)Uninstall DaemonTools
                      2)Download SPTD (Un)Installer from

3)Uninstall SPTD
                      4)Install DaemonTools 4.03

Comment

I also have this problem...

Comment

Install SPTD layer v1.47 (see announcement), then run Daemon Tools v4.09.1 installer after reboot.
                          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I also have this problem (v.4.08). I tried un-installing and reverting back to 4.03 but the autostart of mounted images was still there.
                            I then tried un-installing 4.03 and revering back to 3.xx but the installer now only crashes.
                            I re-installed v.4.08 and will now wait for a confirmed way of fixing this exact issue, before I try anything else.
                            Needless to say, this has got to be the most annoying problem I have ever had on my Windows XP OS.

Comment

Waiting for a fix!!!

Originally Posted by xVZx View Post
                              Hi,

I have got the same but it was resolve after this manipulation :

1) Run : Regedit
                              2) Go to : Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Services\Cdrom
                              3) Finding the Key : "Autorun"
                              4) Set the value to 0.

Let me know if it resolve yours problem also..
                              Rgds.
                              xVZx
                              Do Not do this if you want any of your hardware dvdrom/cdrom's to auto run your cd/dvd's. It disables the autorun altogether, meaning you will physically have to open My Computer then double click the cd/dvd to run.

Comment

Working...
                              X