starforce 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starforce 2?

i noticed some new games are protected by Starforce 2, and no one has been able to emulate and make copies from that protection, are you guys aware of this new protection?
    If quitting is stupid, why do smart people come up with the saying \"quit while you\'re ahead?\"

StarForce v2 is not new protection, there is also v3 already. And it is out some time. Alcohol 120% can backup v1/v2 for some months

Comment

what the... fo real? what's the way to make a copy and what do i use to emulate it?
      If quitting is stupid, why do smart people come up with the saying \"quit while you\'re ahead?\"

Comment

Originally Posted by MizTEcK
        what the... fo real? what's the way to make a copy and what do i use to emulate it?
        Just use alcohol's starforce 1.x/2.x datatype settings to copy the cd and make sure that you have RMPS emulation enabled before you run the copy.

Comment

thnx!!

Comment

what about starforce 3? how can i burn and emulate that?

Comment

Originally Posted by MizTEcK
              what about starforce 3? how can i burn and emulate that?
              Not possible at the moment. You may be able to run an image made with starforce 1.x/2.x settings from a virtual drive but only if you unplug all your ide roms first (not really recommended) :o .

Comment

DANG it! thnx for the response anyways >.< guess i really gotta use my scratchy cd killer to play that game now oiii.

Comment

Originally Posted by philamber
                  Not possible at the moment. You may be able to run an image made with starforce 1.x/2.x settings from a virtual drive but only if you unplug all your ide roms first (not really recommended) :o .
                  Disabling the IDE drives!!! What is this world coming to, when I have to start disabling parts of my computer to get my game to run from a virtual drive.

This SUCKS!! This STINKS!! This is TOTAL BS!!

I HATE STARFORCE WITH A PASSION.
                  :evil:

Can't Daemon-Tools run some type of masking routine, that when enabled hides the IDE drives from the computer temporality?

Otherwise I'm going to have to keep jumping in and out of BIOS, to disable/enable my IDE CD Drives, when I want to play the virtual image of my retail game ( X2 - The Threat. Australian version )

Comment

Working...
                  X