DT 4.08 STPD 1.39 freezes windows when unmounting while copying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 4.08 STPD 1.39 freezes windows when unmounting while copying

I managed to squize it all in the title actually...

Daemon tools 4.08 STPD 1.39 would freeze windows if you mount a disk, try copying all the files off the disk, and then unmount/mount something else while it is copying.

Try to install SPTD 1.42.

Comment

Unmounting while copying is like removing a real disc without ejecting the drive, thus it's probably Windows which hangs while still trying to get the file.
      If you do such stupid things, better enable InUse check in options menu.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

where can i find SPTD 1.42? its not in the download section. Does it fix this or are you just suggesting it as a general precaution. I don't expect to do this AGAIN, i just think its a bug that needs to be fixed.

As for it being stupid...
        1. I don't recall windows freezing (and i mean that I had to cut power) if ejecting a disk while copying from it (not that I think it ever happened).
        2. Maybe the in use check should be on by default.
        3. This only ever happened ONCE, by ACCIDENT, but it happened none the less.

Comment

duplexsecure.com
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Fixed

This is now fixed.
            I just installed v1.42 of SPTD x64 and x86.

I tested both with DT 4.08HE and now instead of windows freezing you INSTANTLY get a notice that copying failed because the device is not available. There are now absolutely no harm done if you accidentally unmount a disk while copying files off of it.

Excellent job guys.

Comment

Working...
            X