silent hunter 4 (version 1.1!)has blacklisted yasu 1.1035

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silent hunter 4 (version 1.1!)has blacklisted yasu 1.1035

i just installed the newest patch vor silent hunter 4. with yasu cloaking enabled the prgramm stucks before the securom test (spinning cd). sh4 is in taskmnager with 99% cpu usage but nothing happens -never.

with disabled cloaking the securom test comes up with emulation conflict blabla.

any workarounds for this or back to my original dvd?

What does it have to do with a blacklist? If it would be blacklisted, there would be an error message like without yasu.

I guess your image is bad.
    Upgrade your programs:
    DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

Originally Posted by dermoritz View Post
      i just installed the newest patch vor silent hunter 4. with yasu cloaking enabled the prgramm stucks before the securom test (spinning cd). sh4 is in taskmnager with 99% cpu usage but nothing happens -never.
      with disabled cloaking the securom test comes up with emulation conflict blabla.
      any workarounds for this or back to my original dvd?
      the same happens to me 99% CPU and all go to hell...
      hope a fix will arise. thanks!

Comment

the image works fine with version 1.0. so the image can't be bad.
        after patching it doesn't come to a securom check if yasu is running! the game simply stucks and nothing happens. without yasu running the normal emulationblacklist error occurs. there are 2 workarounds: downgrading to 1.0 and living with many bugs or using the original dvd 'til a new yasu is released. i choose the 2nd one :-).

i guess its an blacklist from the game.exe and not from securom. it simply checks if an yasu task is running or something.

Comment

no man its not. i guess the newer version of securom is checking other sectors of the dvd.

Again: if it would be a blacklist, it would not take 100% and stuck. It would show a error message.

How did you create your image? Are you using a Full Image or a Fixed Image?
          Upgrade your programs:

Comment

if it's the image securom would check it and then stuck or give an error message. but the securom-check-spinning-cd occurs only if i don't run yasu. i know the errors caused by bad images you allways see the spinning-cd and then the game stucks or gives an error.
            i made many images. all with alcohol dpm at highest quality and slowest speed.
            and before i posted here i made some additional images to check it.

the main problem is, you don't have this specific problem. this problem is simlar to the first patches for titan quest - one patch one new version of curerom ...

but this time it the new blacklist seems outside/before securom.

only one thing left: please don't tell me how to make a good image

Comment

Well _if_ you are right, and yasu is blacklisted, then shutdown your computer, disconnect all optical drives and play the game without yasu!

If its working then yasu is blacklisted. If not, then its a image problem.

Could you scan the game executable with ProtectionID and tell us the exact securom version?

only one thing left: please don't tell me how to make a good image
              no comment on that!
              Upgrade your programs:

Comment

If it where blacklisted there would be a SecuROM error (Security Module, blah blah), maybe just some crappy coding (not YASU) .

But i'll try find out more...
                Mail:
                curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

protectionid says securom 7.xx.

"If it where blacklisted there would be a SecuROM error (Security Module, blah blah),"

that is what i am talking about. the "error" isn't securom related. it's related with the new silent hunter 4 version and yasu.
                  i think its a fast "nightly" workaround for yasu 1.1.7035 from ubisoft to counter the pirated copies out there?!

i got the security module blahblah with version 1.07 of yasu, but fortunately you released the new yasu exactly at the right time :-).

and i guess with unplugging physikal drives i get the same error with yasu disabled - deamon tools it self is blacklisted, i think?!

Comment

afaik daemon tools can't be blacklisted anymore, its just the general SCSI Blacklisting [click] thing.
                    Upgrade your programs:

Comment

There is the same problem mentioned in the german customer section.

Same "symptoms" as told here.
                      When Yasu isn't running they get "Emulation detected", when Yasu is running, nothing happens.

Not all images can be bad.

Comment

i just want to lend support for this issue, i'm exerpiencing the same problem.

the original release ran fine with daemon and yasu, but after patching to 1.1 it just does nothing. you double click the icon, and it works for a few seconds, then it goes dead with sh4.exe still actively running in the process list. i've tried almost everything and i cannot get it to work with just yasu.

hopefully the cause can be pinpointed and resolved.

Comment

information syk0 provided in another thread appears to have solved the problem, it certainly works for me -

Uninstall DAEMON-Tools...
                          go to \Program Files\DAEMON-Tools\ delete any exsisting files...
                          Download SPTD Uninstaller, run it...
                          Reboot your computer...
                          Download SPTD 1.42 Installer (32Bit) or SPTD 1.42 Installer (64Bit) depending on your O/S
                          Install latest SPTD driver (above)
                          Install DAEMON-Tools 4.08 (in the downloads section)
                          Reboot your pc again...

from http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/yasu...-t16092p4.html

Comment

-=[ ProtectionID v0.5.2.12 BETA NON-DISTRO]=-
                            (c) CDKiLLER & [x/xxx]
                            Build 03/23/07-01:24:23
                            Ready...
                            Scanning -> M:\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\sh4.exe
                            File Type : Exe, Size : 6282888 (05FDE88h) Byte(s)
                            -> File Appears to be Digitally Signed @ Offset 05FD000h, size : 0E88h / 03720 byte(s)
                            -> Suspicious MZ Header..
                            [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 07.32.0007
                            [!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> CDKey
                            - Scan Took : 0.141 Seconds
                            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

the procedure above didn't work for me. the only "mistake" i made was one more reboot after the installation of sptd. but this shouldn't be a mistake?

Comment

Working...
                              X