Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT doesn't mount (winxp sp2 32 bit, sptd 1.42, AMD X2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT doesn't mount (winxp sp2 32 bit, sptd 1.42, AMD X2)

Hello!
    I think my problem is unique, coz I couldn't find any similar problems in forums. Sorry if there is.
    So I'm an old user of DT, it's a very useful program and I never had any probs with it until now.
    The problem is DT simple doesn't work. I have to reinstall it every time when I'd like to use it, coz when I restart my PC the next time it won't work.
    I tried several times to fix it somehow and tried other versions but always the same issue.
    I'm using Win XP Prof SP2 HUN (32bit) and SPTD 1.42 and daemon408-139-x86. Dual Core Optimizer is installed too. Never had BSOD like other users.
    My PC config: Asus M2N-E; AMD X2 4600+ AM2; 2x1 GB Kingmax Mars DDR2 800 Mhz; HIS Radeon X1650XT iSilence II 256 mb; WD Sata II 320GB; Chieftec GPS 450AA-101A; FSC P19-2
    The problem exists since I have this new config. (About 3 months.) I had s 939 AMD cpu before and Intel P4 but this problem is new. Khm... PROBLEM is new for DT.
    I would appreciate ur help.
    Regards,
    Attila

Originally Posted by Attila79 View Post
    Hello!
    I think my problem is unique, coz I couldn't find any similar problems in forums. Sorry if there is.
    So I'm an old user of DT, it's a very useful program and I never had any probs with it until now.
    The problem is DT simple doesn't work. I have to reinstall it every time when I'd like to use it, coz when I restart my PC the next time it won't work.
    I tried several times to fix it somehow and tried other versions but always the same issue.
    I'm using Win XP Prof SP2 HUN (32bit) and SPTD 1.42 and daemon408-139-x86. Dual Core Optimizer is installed too. Never had BSOD like other users.
    My PC config: Asus M2N-E; AMD X2 4600+ AM2; 2x1 GB Kingmax Mars DDR2 800 Mhz; HIS Radeon X1650XT iSilence II 256 mb; WD Sata II 320GB; Chieftec GPS 450AA-101A; FSC P19-2
    The problem exists since I have this new config. (About 3 months.) I had s 939 AMD cpu before and Intel P4 but this problem is new. Khm... PROBLEM is new for DT.
    I would appreciate ur help.
    Regards,
    Attila

I have Nero 7.7.5.1 Premium installed and a Pioneer 111D @ L

Comment

Can you be more specific? When you try to mount an image, does it show up but is inaccessible? Does it not show up at all? Is there even any virtual drives created? Do you get any error messages? What about if you uninstall the Dual-Core Optimizer?

Comment

Hello Attila, you said: 'I have to reinstall it every time when I'd like to use it', did you uninstall both Daemon Tools and SPTD, or just one of them (and if so, which of them?) in order to be able to mount images?

In addition, does this problem happen to any of your images, or to one of your recently being used image?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
          Can you be more specific? When you try to mount an image, does it show up but is inaccessible? Does it not show up at all? Is there even any virtual drives created? Do you get any error messages? What about if you uninstall the Dual-Core Optimizer?

Hello!

When I try to mount it doesn't show up, and when I try to have a look at in Total Commander if it mounted or not it says: "there is no drive f". But DT created a virtual drive. I Tried to create more with it, but the same problem.
          I don't get any error messages and it's quite annoying.

I installed DC Optimizer coz my system was unstable and it crashed sometimes. Since I have it everything fine, no crashes.

Comment

Originally Posted by MaLing View Post
            Hello Attila, you said: 'I have to reinstall it every time when I'd like to use it', did you uninstall both Daemon Tools and SPTD, or just one of them (and if so, which of them?) in order to be able to mount images?
            In addition, does this problem happen to any of your images, or to one of your recently being used image?
            Thanks.
            I tried both ways. So I unistalled DT and SPTD or simple just DT, but I always get the same issue.
            And I'm sad to tell but all of my images unusable.

Comment

Is there a drive letter assigned to the virtual device(s)?
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                Is there a drive letter assigned to the virtual device(s)?
                Yes, it's F.

Comment

Instead of reinstallation, will it work if you just close and reopen Daemon Tools?

You said:'I have to reinstall it every time when I'd like to use it', so does DT work if you only reinstall SPTD, or you need to reinstall the whole thing?

Comment

Instead of reinstallation, will it work if you just close and reopen Daemon Tools?
                    You said:'I have to reinstall it every time when I'd like to use it', so does DT work if you only reinstall SPTD, or you need to reinstall the whole thing?

M8 that was the 1st thing I've tried. Just it's so obvious I haven't wrote it in my comment. Sorry.

And I also tried to reinstall only sptd, but still doesn't work.

Comment

Well, it is hard to figure out. Do you have any newer versions of programmes which you did not have in the old computer? There could be conflict between DT and any of them.

Comment

Well, it is hard to figure out. Do you have any newer versions of programmes which you did not have in the old computer? There could be conflict between DT and any of them.

Hmm... I think only Nero 7 is the newer. I used to use Nero 6.6.1.4.

Comment

What do you see in device manager? SCSI controller, virtual DVD-ROM ok? Which drivers are installed for the virtual devices?

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                            What do you see in device manager? SCSI controller, virtual DVD-ROM ok? Which drivers are installed for the virtual devices?

This is what I see in device manager:
                            LM5134G RMM535B SCSI CdRom Device

Drivers:
                            AFS2K.sys
                            cdrom.sys
                            imapi.sys
                            PxHelp20.sys
                            redbook.sys
                            storprop.dll

They're from system32\drivers except the last 1. It's from system32.

Comment

Try to remove afs2k.sys from list of filter drivers, it has been extremly problematic in the past.
                              Check this thread about how to correct registry (IMPORTANT!):

Comment

Working...
                              X