A simple n00b question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple n00b question

This problem can probably be solved pretty easily, but i'm not sure what to do. I am trying to make a back up of my Battlefield 2 game, which the database says is protected by SafeDisc4.5 There isn't a SafeDisc 4.5 option when burning with Alcohol 120%, or at least i havent found one, and whenever i try to burn i get a lot of errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

First of all, you can't play a Safedisc protected game with a burned image.

Just leave all options at the image creating empty.

Safedisc is looking at defect sectors at the DVD.

Before playing the game you have to download the latest version of YASU that can be found here:

Diese Domain steht zum Verkauf!

Just cloak your devices with it, mount your image and have fun
    Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
    Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
    Schreibt mir eine PN!
    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

He can play from a backup, but he'll need RMPS emulation since it's on DVD.

Comment

What if I have the CD version?

Comment

Just to supplement a bit:

There are no profiles for DVD in Alcohol, but there are for CD.

While it is not possible to burn a workable SafeDisc DVD backup, it is possible to burn a CD one, providing a capable writer is available.

There is an Alcohol forum, where you could ask questions about it.

I just doubt that if you discovered that there were no profiles for burning, how had you made your image?

Comment

Of course it is possible to write a working SafeDisc DVD backup with Alcohol. SafeDisc v2 - v4 are covered by RMPS 2.0 now, so just enable RMPS checkbox in write options, and RMPS emulation when you play.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Ah...sorry!

Actually I wanted to say: 'While it is not possible to burn a workable SafeDisc DVD backup without emulations, it is possible to burn a CD one, providing a capable writer is available'.

Comment

Battlefield 2 CD version

I am currently using an image with DT to play Battlefield 2 on three computers at home and twentyfour computers at a lan center. None of these are dvd (yes I legally purchased twenty seven copies, it's a big stack ).
                I've made a copy of the all three disks of Battlefield 2 but only keep the first disk on all the playing machines.
                The original image was created with Clone CD *gasp*. I have a few images made with Alcohol. The Alcohol images are apx 1 year old, the CloneCD (used clonyxxl to detect copypro) images are about 9 months old.
                All made from the same machine. No emulation and no additional software is used.

Comment

You do realize ClonyXXL is dead, buried and rotting in the grave, right? You should be using Aray (no longer updated, but still useful) or ProtectionID for current copy protections. Also, what MaLing was talking about was physical backups.

Comment

copy protects xxl

Yes, I do know that clonyxxl is completely toast, I've just not bothered to change my shortcut :P I realise clone cd doesn't get updated anymore either but I seem to have more troubles with alcohol than it. :wink: I'll just have to take some more time with Alcohol 120 to figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X