No announcement yet.

Confused about protection emulation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about protection emulation...

I've been trying to get an image I made (yes I own it legally) of Diablo 2 expansion to run instead of needing the CD, since it's spin-up was rather disastarous during the middle of a game. Here's where I'm a little confused though. I made an image using .ccd, and once mounting it with D, it recognizes it and opens the game fine. Without ever enabling SecuRom emulation. Are those options only for if I wanted to burn it to another disc, and I don't need it on? Or if I don't turn it on can it tell it's not real and possibly be reporting me as having an illegal copy if I play online? I've been turning it on just to be safe, but it seems fine without it... so am I confused about what those are for?

Emulation-Options are not required when game-images are used (for newer titles use alcohol to create images instead of clonecd because alcs image-engine is much more powerful than ccds).

The Emulations-Options are only required for (nearly) exact 1:1 copies of gamediscs. But, nowadays protections mostly wonґt work by using backed up discs.

Comment

Alright, thanks.

Comment

Goldom, what version of clonecd did you use to make your image? Do you recall? I used 4.3.2.2 i believe, and just out of curiousity, what version of daemon tools do you use? Im trying to track down a bug with my image, that seems to manifest itself with the newer version of daemon tools, but not the older one.

I have detailed my problem here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/diab...le-t16341.html I would be very interested in that information if you can provide it for me.

Comment

Both were newest when I downloaded them recently. ccd is 5.3.0.1 if i remember right.

Comment

Working...
          X