No announcement yet.

Device 0:[G:] No media.......help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device 0:[G:] No media.......help!!!!!

This is the first time I have ever used dt or even mounted an image. The problem is, when I right click the tray icon, I click on Virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive and it shows Device 0:[G:] No media

The thing is, the device parameter letters only go from G and up, and always shows no media inserted. Even when I go to My Computer, it shows that drive G is a dvd drive. Another problem is that when I press the Mount button, it opens a window and has at the bottom-right of the window, Open and Cancel. But, when I press Open on drive letter E in My Computer, it does nothing.

Can someone help me with this? Thanks

Before you press Open, you've to select an image file to mount of course (like you'd insert a read cd/dvd in a read drive).
    Daemon Tools creates a virtual DVD-ROM, that actually works like a real one. So in order to use it, you've to create an image file first.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

You have to select an image file for mounting, not a drive letter. E.g. your image file is located in "E:\imagefiles\example.mds" navigate there after pressing mount, select the image file and press "open".
      Then you can see the content of the file in G:\

Read the Daemon Tools Help - this should answer most of your questions. http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemonhelp.php

Comment

Working...
      X