Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virtual SCSI Driver Not Found - DT shuts down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual SCSI Driver Not Found - DT shuts down.

* The bug/problem (obviously)
    Daemon Tool shuts down when i click on it in the sys tray with a error that says Virtual SCSI driver not found, if i try to start Daemon Tools up again i get a BSOD and computer restarts, this does not happen when i have rebooted the computer, but lets say i let my computer run for a day and then i decide i wanna use Daemon Tools for something, then i get the Error and the program shuts down.
    * Operating System and any major updates (service packs, etc...)
    Windows XP SP2 Install , fresh clean install of my windows, no other than SP2 is installed, except DirectX9
    * Version of DAEMON Tools
    DT 4.08
    * ALL burning software or other cd emulation software (also indicate if you have, or have ever had, Easy CD/DVD/Media Creator installed)
    Dont use any of thoose type's and its a fresh windows install.
    * ALL security, anti-virus, etc... software
    No anti virus yet, only Windows Firewall , which never caused any problems related to Daemon tools.
    * FULL hardware specification (motherboard, cpu, chipset, etc...)

Motherboard: K8N Neo4 Platinum
    Cpu : Amd64 3500+
    Chipset : nForce 4
    Memory : 3072MB ( Dual Channel , 2x 1gb , 2x 512Mb )
    I've tried to be as detailed as possible, i hope it helps in any kind of way, it might be related to my 2 new Sata II harddrives, im not sure but i didnt have the problem before i put them in my computer and installed Windows on one of them.
    Regards , Shadowlit

Check for a minidump file under Windows\minidump and send it to support@daemon-tools.cc for review.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
      Check for a minidump file under Windows\minidump and send it to support@daemon-tools.cc for review.
      I've mailed the minidump now to the email you listed with the subject "Review" and ive posted a link to this post on the forum.

Comment

Did you try SPTD layer v1.43 yet?
        duplexsecure.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf duplexsecure.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Ok i've found the problem, when you said the word Rootkit i started investigating my online MMO games which possibly could run a rootkit of their own in the background, Lineage II runs a rootkit while the game is opened, when i close it down i can start up Daemon tools again without my system crashing, so yea thanks for the help, kinda

So basicly it seems that Lineage II thinks Daemon Tools is a cheat program of some sort and prevents it from functioning while the game is running, so i just have to remember not to load any ISO's while i have my Lineage II running.

Might wanna put that in the post.

Comment

I have the same problem, keeps bugging me Virtual SCSI driver not detected. Had some problems with the install so followed the instructions and installed SPTD layer v1.43 first, followed by a reboot then daemon tools. Install went fine until i tried to launch.

Basicly got nothing running on the computer, the old DT worked fine. I shut off the firewall, no effect. I shut off anti-vir, no effect. Dont have anything else running...

--

* Operating System and any major updates
            Windows XP SP2

* Version of DAEMON Tools
            DT 4.0.9.1

* ALL burning software or other cd emulation software...
            Nothing.

* ALL security, anti-virus, etc... software
            Comodo, Kaspersky AV

* FULL hardware specification (motherboard, cpu, chipset, etc...)
            Abit something mobo, 2.5ghz intel, chipset?, 1.5gb ram, radeon 9800. This computer is 5 years old, but never had a problem with DT until 4.0.9.1.

Comment

Working...
            X