Subchannel Issues/read offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subchannel Issues/read offset

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section.

I'm trying to extract 100% of the subchannel data off an audio cd. I'm using alcohol to extract the subchannel information. However, I want to make sure the subchannel data was correctly extracted. I have a program that can compare binary files bit by bit. As a test, using alcohol, I extracted RAW DAO and subchannel data multiple times. I compared the extracted images but each time the subchannel data varies somewhat. I tried extracting at various speeds such as 1X but it didn't fix the problem. How can you extract the subchannel data accurately if possible? That must be some consistency here. I'm using a plextor DVDR PX-716A. Is there another program that does a better job?

Okay, so I like EAC and the accuracy of the rips using the read offsets. However, I want to rip all RAW data plus subchannel data from an audio cd (Is there anything else on an audio cd besides raw and subchannel because I want 100%?). Alcohol allows this type of ripping to a raw image. I would then burn the image raw. However, Alcohol doesn't take into account read offsets or write offsets. Is there someway to apply the read offsets/write offsets of a CD/Dvd drive to other software besides EAC? Maybe you could edit the CD Drive in the registry so it always reads and writes using offsets. One other thing! Are read/write offsets only applied to audio cds or are they necessary for other media as well (game cds, dvds, and data media)?

Make sure you use the MDS/MDF format for saving your image, not CCD. There is a known bug with audio track offsets and the CCD profile in Alcohol.

Comment

Oh Yes! Definitely using MDF/MDS image format. Good to know about the CCD problem though. What about in Clone CD? Does the CCD audio offset happen in Clone CD or only in Alcohol? But just the same, I have extracted multiple MDF/MDS images and the subchannel data still isn't matching. It tends to differ by 2000 bytes or so on average when comparing two images. My plextor doesn't want to extraxt at 1X anymore. I set the read speed in alcohol to 1X but when the extraction occurs the read speed runs from 10X to 20X on the plextor. On the other hand, CDRwin extracts at less than 1X on the plextor.

Comment

Working...
      X