Vista - Can't access registry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista - Can't access registry?

i have a problem on vista home premium... after installing dt, i get an error that device cannot be created or smth cause "cannot access registry" (i am logged on as admin)... then, when i right click on the icon i get a virtual scsi not available error, and the icon disappears... i checked a few posts here but couldn't find anything about this... i found some ppl having probs with not being able to create a virtual device and someone posted a solution through device manager, but i cannot find the device mentioned... i am also not able to create a virtual device using alcohol, but i don't get anything about the registry - only a "unable to add adapter" error... any ideas how to resolve this?

Try installing the latest public beta of SPTD 1.43.

Need to mount or create an image? DAEMON Tools software is here at your service. Choose from laconic Lite, powerful Ultra or old but gold Pro and try for free.

Comment

i used 1.42 with no luck... i'll try the beta one too
      i did solve the prob with alcohol by installing it and running it one time in safe mode... now i can change virtual drives at will, and even uninstall and reinstall normally! i'll try the same with dt too

Comment

Try running DT as an administrator. This should fix the registry error.

Comment

Hi,
          I have a simmilar problem. I've installed SPTDinst-v143-x86,
          then daemon4091-x86 on Windows Vista Home Premium on a VAIO notebook.
          When tryin to run DT i get the Message "Unable to add Adapter Device Problem 39"
          After clicking on the Icon in the Task Bar I become the message: "Virtual SCSI Driver not detected", then it dissapears.
          Now I even can`t run the unintalll Programm: "Setup is unable to validate installation"

I`ve tried under Save mod and I`m logged as administrator.

Would be very kind if you could help solving my problem.

Thanks

André

Comment

Working...
          X