PDA

View Full Version : YASU doesn't work with C&C3 1.04 version

cpthk
08.04.2007, 01:13
I originally have c&c3 1.0 version, yasu works great with it.
After recently c&c3 released 1.04 patch, I installed it.

YASU doesn't work any more. It gave me this error messege:

http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledpm7.jpg

..::shiFt::..
08.04.2007, 10:19
Looks like they blacklisted YASU.

Try to rename YASU.exe and retry...

Reef
08.04.2007, 11:31
No problems here with 1.04, so it's not a blacklist.

Blazkowicz
08.04.2007, 11:31
Well latest Yasu works for me with latest C&C 3 Patch ([!] SecuROM Detected - Version 07.32.0010), so it's not blacklisted.

LooDos
08.04.2007, 11:41
No problems here with 1.04, so it's not a blacklist.
QFT.
YASU 1.1 is definately not blacklisted. works fine for me.

Reef
08.04.2007, 11:50
I guess the thread starter uses an older YASU, wich still worked for C&C3 1.0 (cause 1.0 had SecuROM 7.29 on it).

08.04.2007, 12:21
oh good to hear that... thanks

cpthk
09.04.2007, 01:23
I think I got the problem is, every time I start my computer, it works the first time. I play a while and quit the game and do something else. And then start the game second time. There is a big chance to have that error I mentioned. I tried to uncloak and exit yasu and start yasu again and cloak again. Problem still.

I am guessing the problem is securom or yasu cannot clean up memory from last time and causes error the second time. I tried to log out and log in again, problem still. The only way to solve is to restart computer.

I am using the lastest version of yasu 1.1 7035

P.S.The first time you start the game, you really have to play a while to see the problem in the second time. I tried to start the game and exit right away. You won't see the problem the second time.

MRFRoST
09.04.2007, 17:03
@cpthk I have the same problem, if I reboot my PC and start YASU 1.1 7035 I can start C&C3 or GTR2 ... without any Problems, but if I try to play the game a little bit later again, than it don't works anymore. After a reboot all works fine again.

cpthk
10.04.2007, 05:32
@cpthk I have the same problem, if I reboot my PC and start YASU 1.1 7035 I can start C&C3 or GTR2 ... without any Problems, but if I try to play the game a little bit later again, than it don't works anymore. After a reboot all works fine again.

Yes, exactly the same problem I have.
Seems yasu cannot uncloak perfectly. So will causing problem the next time you cloak. Due to did not uncloak completely last time.

I did a research can prove that:

If you don't use yasu at all, the game should give you "simulation detected" error.
But when the error "required security module cannot be activated" appears, I uncloak and exit yasu(completely from tray icon). And I start the game again, if will still give me the "required security module cannot be activated" error. It is suppose to give me "simulation detected" error since I already uncloak and exit yasu.
This can prove there is a bug in yasu, probably cannot uncloak completely or correctly I am guessing. The second way could prove is that as MRFRoST mentioned, the problem not only happen in c&c3, but also in GTR2.

To MRFRoST: 1. After a while you start the game, do you see the exactly same error messege I posted: http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ntitledpm7.jpg
2. After the first time you exit the game, did you uncloak? And did you exit yasu? Or you just leave it there at the tray icon without uncloak?

Hanschke
11.04.2007, 18:33
work fine here and thats under vista :D

sYk0
11.04.2007, 21:50
Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been on holiday and have been taking a break.

I'll look into the issues A.S.A.P.

Please can you supply me with some vital info...
Operating System (Service Pack).
Game Name(s) and version(s).
Approx how long after playing the game does it give this error?

cpthk
12.04.2007, 12:09
Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been on holiday and have been taking a break.
I'll look into the issues A.S.A.P.
Please can you supply me with some vital info...
Operating System (Service Pack).
Game Name(s) and version(s).
Approx how long after playing the game does it give this error?

Daemon Tool: 4.08HE
yasu: 1.1.7035
I have windows xp SP2
Game: command and conquer 3 version 1.04
In my case it's probably around 4 hours(sometimes shorter, like 10 minutes), but I don't mean just leave the computer their for 4 hours. Probably you need to play some other games, internet, bittorrent... In the meantime, try to uncloak and cloak again and restart yasu sort of thing. Then will have the problem.
(I have sometimes even though doesn't uncloak and cloak or restart, just leave yasu there without touching it, problem still exist)

P.S. As MRFRoST mentioned, this problem also happened in game GTR2. btw, thanks for the tool. I will update further situations I've found asap.

cpthk
12.04.2007, 12:24
"If" my memory does not fail, it start happening just right after I upgrade from 1.0 to 1.04 through the update file from c&c official site.

According to game database: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/gamedb.php?letter=C
1.0 has SecuROM 7.29.0008
1.04 has SecuROM 7.32.0010

MRFRoST
12.04.2007, 21:13
Hi again,

I can't say when the error occour, it's totaly capricious.

I use:
Daemon Tool: 4.08HE
SPTD 1.42
yasu: 1.1.7035
Windows XP SP2
I had this problem with the following games:

-Game: Command and Conquer 3 (Can't say somthing to the Version because the Version changed every day ;) )
-GTR 2 since Version 1.1 (with Version V 1.0 I don't had this problem)
-Serious Sam 2 V2.070

Benni
12.04.2007, 22:59
My team member Eric said, that SPTD drivers might have been blacklisted. Uninstalling them helped in his case. But then you have no chance to use your image. Its very strange.

MRFRoST
13.04.2007, 06:35
My team member Eric said, that SPTD drivers might have been blacklisted. Uninstalling them helped in his case. But then you have no chance to use your image. Its very strange.

I don't think that something is blacklistet because after a reboot all games are working fine.

13.04.2007, 07:08
Can you try SPTD 1.43 beta (http://disc-tools.com/download/sptdbeta)?

bikeracer4487
13.04.2007, 23:40
I am having the exact same problem. I am also running YASU 1.1.7035 and CNC3 v1.04

drewharan
14.04.2007, 07:51
alright guys this is my ISSUE

before i play the game

i start yasu - clock for securom

then open up daemon tools
mount CNC3

sometime it works

as soon as it loads to the GREEN EA LOGO screen
if there is sound the game works fine

however
if there isn't sound after the GREEN EA LOGO screen
it jus goes to a blank screen

is there a proper procedure for me to cloak and mount

it gets annoying
sometimes it works
sometimes it doesnt

it drives me NUTS!

cpthk
14.04.2007, 23:53
before i play the game
mount CNC3
sometime it works
however
it gets annoying
sometimes it works
sometimes it doesnt
it drives me NUTS!

I think you are in a different case. We are discussing that we can't even go into the game. But you could go into the game, it's just might crash after the EA logo.

The cd check and simulation blacklist detection are only when are you still in Windows. While you see the cnc3 big picture logo, and your mouse cursor will turn into a cd rotation animation. Our problem in the error right here. But your case is already pass the cd checking and simulation detection. So there is nothing to do with yasu, since yasu is a cd drive hider to prevent the game detect image simulation. It has nothing to do after the detection.

Kitna
15.04.2007, 05:49

before i play the game

mount CNC3

sometime it works

however

it gets annoying
sometimes it works
sometimes it doesnt

it drives me NUTS!

Does this also happen with your original DVD?

iampedro
16.04.2007, 00:22
I had an original dvd and I still received these errors...

Blazkowicz
16.04.2007, 11:56
I had an original dvd and I still received these errors...

You had? This mean you dont have original dvd anymore and so no support.

Kitna
16.04.2007, 13:34
This also means the error has nothing to do with YASU.

cpthk
20.04.2007, 21:38
so back to the topic, does the problem got solved?
I am still getting the error now.
I will try out the new daemon tool version 4.09 to see.

MRFRoST
21.04.2007, 10:22
Since Version 4.09 the error never occurred to me, but I have to watch it for a few days.

At first when I run C&C3 with Daemon Tools V 4.09 I got the error that the Disc can't verified, but the problem was the Vendor and the Model name. Since I renamed the two names all works fine for the moment. Perhaps there was a problem with the Vendor and Model names in the old version, too.

teohhanhui
21.04.2007, 11:52
I've tried with both DAEMON Tools 4.09HE and Alcohol 120% v1.9.6.4719, running YASU v1.1.7035.

This worked with v1.04 of CNC3, but it suddenly stopped working?! And I cannot fix it even with restarts and uncloaking-remounting.

Elandril
21.04.2007, 18:13
You had? This mean you dont have original dvd anymore and so no support.

He wasn't the one asking the question.

Dagoberd
21.04.2007, 23:52
Could it possibly be that it is somehow related to the amount of physical memory of the machine? I have 1GB, XP all patches as of today, DT4.09HE, YASU 1.1.7035 ... and I can cloak / uncloak / play all the day ...:rolleyes:
Btw. which Versions of SecuRom does your C&C 3 have? You wonder why I am asking ... see my posting here:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/copy-protected-games-t157.html

Kitna
22.04.2007, 02:46
so back to the topic, does the problem got solved?
I am still getting the error now.
I will try out the new daemon tool version 4.09 to see.
If you read the topic you'd see that it's not an issue with D-Tools or YASU.
If you want support contact the game developer.

teohhanhui
22.04.2007, 06:19
If you read the topic you'd see that it's not an issue with D-Tools or YASU.
If you want support contact the game developer.

If you read the topic, it's totally a problem with YASU. It obviously does not uncloak drives well(only sometimes?) and thus making them unable to be cloaked successfully the next time. And the mini image+virtual drive+YASU method has stopped working for me permanently. That's why we need a fixed YASU... If I revert back to v1.0 of the game it works perfectly. Isn't it clear that YASU cannot hide the drives effectively from the newer protection in place?

Kitna
22.04.2007, 10:25
Not clear at all considering it works perfectly for many people.

teohhanhui
22.04.2007, 12:04
Not clear at all considering it works perfectly for many people.

Yea, it used to work for me as well, but it stopped working? And I think there are many people reporting the same problem here.

Jito463
22.04.2007, 15:09
Not to sound argumentative, but where are they reporting this? There's a few people in this thread, but considering how many use YASU, there should be tons more if it's a flaw in the program. Perhaps there's some compatibility issue with your hardware. Are you running similar system specs?

teohhanhui
22.04.2007, 15:30
OK, I have figured it out. It works fine with DAEMON Tools 4.09HE. And it once worked with Alcohol 120% 1.9.7.4719, but suddenly stopped working?!! Never mind, so it's not too much a problem of YASU, more of Alcohol 120%'s??

I should see when this stop working too? :P

cpthk
26.04.2007, 00:22
After several testings, I think the problem would be securom itself.
Because I have one time, i use the no-cd file(cnc3game.dat) to go into the game. Then I exit the game, switch back to original need-cd file, and then run the game again. It gave me the same error message. I didn't even use yasu.
Seems resurom has a weakness on re-activate its module. Shame on sony.
On top of that, even many games' demo version have the same error message to many players. I have seen many players posted this error message to the forum, and not just cnc3, but also serious sam demo, Sierra games demo, moto GP 3

This could prove that it's not yasu's problem, it's securom original bug. It not only happens on retail cd-required version, but also no-cd-require demo version

Any know know where does securom installed? I am trying to research on its module, it probably can't un-module when you exit the game. So I am thinking to un-module it manuely by some process viewer

cpthk
26.04.2007, 00:33
A new info. to everyone:
I just read some information regarding securom modules, I saw the data in wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM

The version of SecuROM that comes with Armed Assault, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (patched to v1.04) prevents the game from running at all if Process Explorer, a free tool offered by Microsoft, has been run since the previous reboot.

This is probably why I got the error message sometimes. Because I do have process explorer run sometimes because I use it to kill process if application crashed.
Again, shame on sony. How black their company are. Prevent you to play game if you ran some non-related program.

Jito463
26.04.2007, 17:53
For future reference cpthk, please do not mention No-CD files. They are illegal (due to modification of the original code) and discussion is not permitted. Thanks.

Sabrehawk
29.04.2007, 10:19
For future reference cpthk, please do not mention No-CD files. They are illegal (due to modification of the original code) and discussion is not permitted. Thanks.

Didnt see the moderator tag on your name, and no they are not illegal in Belize.
You might consider applying for forum moderator if you like to advise people.

Btw newer version than cnc3 1.0 are effectively not working with daemon/yasu combo on my rig.

Reef
29.04.2007, 11:43
and no they are not illegal in Belize.
First of all: On the internet, the rule about something being illegal or not only applies to the country where the webserver is located. So if the DT site is hosted in Denmark (according to VisualRoute), everything that's being posted on the forum applies to Danish laws.

And second: Every forum has it's rules. No matter what country users are from, they all need to follow those rules.

smoochy
29.04.2007, 17:57
Didnt see the moderator tag on your name, and no they are not illegal in Belize.

What is permitted in this forums and what not is the decision of the admins and they clearly stated out about which topics you must not discuss. Just check out the Site rules (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/rules.php).

fulltime
08.05.2007, 05:42
i have this error when i run CnC3 with Yasu 1.1.7035 together w daemon 4.09HE

Conflict with Emulation Software detected.

can someone pls help me? thks:D

Blazkowicz
08.05.2007, 10:16
Conflict with Emulation Software detected.

Deinstall EZPlay from Blindwrite, or CloneCD or VirtualCD.