Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make daemon tool won't autorun the CD with startup windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make daemon tool won't autorun the CD with startup windows?

How to make daemon tool won't autorun the CD with startup windows?

I remember the old versions won't autorun, recent version will autorun. How to disable it?

Thanks.

I have the same problem

I got the precise same problem as u mate
    I am wondering how to disable it. I've read this thread and i guess the regediting won't work.
    However, I don't quite understand that script thing. Where to get it, and can it help the 2 of us as well?
    I've tried unchecking the Auto Insert Notification under Set Device Parameters, hoping that was the answer. But it keeps checking itself back on after a reboot.
    If it isn't explained properly, here's the thing:
    I've got an automounted image of Warcraft III Frozen Throne, because I play it a lot and hate to use cd's. However I wish that the autorun wouldn't display on each Windows startup. It's fine it autoruns when I change the image file, but otherwise I'd like it to be gone
    Thx in advance
    - Baltazhar

Comment

Which Daemon Tools version do you use? This should be solved with v4.09.x.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
        Oh... Should have seen that one coming >.<
        Using 4.08He xD - I'll update right away. Thx for the help

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
          Sorry, but I have the latest version, and it autoruns when I start up the computer, just like for Baltazhar.

I want it to autorun if I switch CD images, but I don't want it to autorun when I start up. Any way to disable it?

Thanks.

Comment

hold down the shift key maybe?
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Seriously, please?

Comment

I agree; this is still not fixed

No, the inability to prevent autorunning an image when mounted is _not_ fixed in Daemon Tools version 4.10. There's now an option but it appears to have no effect.
                I hate to complain about a free program, but it's such a shame that a really well-written and useful program has been broken in such a major way for so long - the better part of a year now.
                Essentially, by autorunning every CD image that gets mounted, requiring manual intervention to close the resulting window, the entire command-line capability of Daemon Tools has been rendered nearly useless. If you can't automate completely, there's no reason to use the automation capabilities.
                Really, this should be a sub-option of the -mount command-line option; if the sub-option is left off, then it should use the general Daemon Tools option setting, which should have 3 possible states: autorun, don't autorun, or use OS setting. You could go whole-hog, and make the command-line sub-option have 4 possible states (autorun, don't autorun, use Daemon Tools setting, use OS setting), but that might be overkill.
                I'd be happy if the general option that already exists worked.

Comment

OK, I did find a way to prevent autoplay. Right click the Daemon Tools taskbar icon and choose "Virtual CD/DVD-ROM", then choose one of the devices (0 through 3) and choose "Set Device Parameters". In the "Set Device Parameters" window, uncheck the "Auto Insert Notification".

This seems like a workaround rather than the "correct" way to do this.

Comment

Originally Posted by DonStauffer View Post
                    No, the inability to prevent autorunning an image when mounted is _not_ fixed in Daemon Tools version 4.10. There's now an option but it appears to have no effect.
                    I hate to complain about a free program, but it's such a shame that a really well-written and useful program has been broken in such a major way for so long - the better part of a year now.
                    Essentially, by autorunning every CD image that gets mounted, requiring manual intervention to close the resulting window, the entire command-line capability of Daemon Tools has been rendered nearly useless. If you can't automate completely, there's no reason to use the automation capabilities.
                    Really, this should be a sub-option of the -mount command-line option; if the sub-option is left off, then it should use the general Daemon Tools option setting, which should have 3 possible states: autorun, don't autorun, or use OS setting. You could go whole-hog, and make the command-line sub-option have 4 possible states (autorun, don't autorun, use Daemon Tools setting, use OS setting), but that might be overkill.
                    I'd be happy if the general option that already exists worked.
                    I really like this suggestion, I hope that they implement it.

Comment

Working...
                    X