No announcement yet.

Vista Home Premium - Unable to install - "This Platform is not Supported" error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Home Premium - Unable to install - "This Platform is not Supported" error

Hello everyone,

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything on my particular problem. I apologize if this has been answered before.

Basically I've downloaded daemon408-139-x64 and SPDTinst-v143-x64 and upon executing either file a window pops up saying:

"This platform is not supported" for daemon408

and

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows that you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit)or X64(64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." for SPDTinst...

Just wondering if anyone has any clues why Vista won't even allow me to open the files in the first place?

What's so difficult to understand, especially if you read the 2nd message? Obviously you have 32bit Vista, thus you must download and install the 32bit versions.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
      What's so difficult to understand, especially if you read the 2nd message? Obviously you have 32bit Vista, thus you must download and install the 32bit versions.
      My apologies for the stupid question. I was under the impression that all versions of Vista was a total 64-bit operating platform. Downloaded and installed 32-bit DT and ran fine.

Comment

Vista comes as either 32-bit or 64-bit. The next version of Windows after Vista will be 64-bit only, though. At least according to the rumours and some comments made by MS.

Comment

Originally Posted by The1Falcon View Post
          My apologies for the stupid question. I was under the impression that all versions of Vista was a total 64-bit operating platform. Downloaded and installed 32-bit DT and ran fine.
          Well, would it be the reverse way? Download 64 bit of Windows Vista from Microsoft to match your original purchase idea?

Comment

Working...
          X