Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow boot and hanging explorer after 4.09 installation

Problem description:

I installed the 4.09 (32 bits) version of daemon tools with the included SPTD version. I choose the upgrade option and the installer first deinstalls 4.08 and reboots the system. After the reboot the 4.09 installation proceeds (only unchecked the search bar) normally and everything looks fine. I then disabled the autostart and enabled all emulations and rebooted the system again.

This reboot is a lot slower than normal (10-20 seconds longer), because the windows welcome screen stays a lot longer visible than normal. After the boot I try to open windows explorer, but this just hangs and task manager shows it as not responding.

After deinstalling 4.09 or restoring a ghost image with 4.08 the system boots fast again and windows explorer does not hang anymore.

Any help is appreciated.

Previous Daemon tools version: 4.08 with SPTD 1.38

Daemon tools configuration: 3 virtual drives, all emulations enabled, only autostart disabled

Hardware configuration:

core2duo E6600
    2 GB PC5400 memory
    Asus P5B iP965 mainboard
    X1900XT graphics card
    Samsung 250GB HDD
    Lite-On DVD-/+RW SHM-165P6S
    No overclocking of any components.

Please mail our support: support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    And check if disabling all emulations has any effect. Note that emulations should be enabled when really required only! No emulation is required to play from mounted images!
    Do you have any media present in your real drive(s)? Do you have any images mounted? If so where are these images located? Where are your drives (hdd and writer) connected (IDE, SATA ...)?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
      And check if disabling all emulations has any effect. Note that emulations should be enabled when really required only! No emulation is required to play from mounted images!
      Disabling emulations before rebooting did the trick for me. Boot time for pc is normal now and explorer does not hang.

No media was present in the real drive and no mounted images. HDD connect to SATA en DVD writer to IDE (because of ICH8 chipset the IDE is connected to JRAID controller from JMicron).

I will still send a mail to the support address, but thanks already.

Comment

i have the same problem
        And as i see all real drives are defining as SCSI now, so may be that is the problem

Comment

I have sent support the tracing they requested.

Maybe you should contact them too as it could be then easier for them to find the problem

Comment

You did send the file? Seems we didn't get anything from you yet, could you please re-send (either un-packed or RAR'ed, NOT ZIP'ed!)?

Comment

I had the trace files zipped, as I did not know that zip files were not allowed. I have just resend everything but now with rar files.

Comment

Got it, thanks.

Comment

Were the trace files helpful?

Comment

Working...
                  X