Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starforce v4.70 Disc Key Problem

Hi,
    First of all thanks to the team for the great release of the DT v4.09. STPD helps to successfully fool starforce v4.7 of detecting emulation but I always get the disc key error problem. I tried using high DPM precision of 1X in latest Alcohol of v1.9.6 build 4719 but SF still doesn't accept my disc with disc key error message. But when I use the genuine disc it always run fine. Is that some problem related to the new STPD software?

Thanks so much! You guys rocks!

It seems your drive isnt accurate enough for starforce.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Hi,
      I tried creating images for StarForce before but not on 4.7 and they all go fine~ and if it's not accurate enough then the game should not run using the original disc in the same drive. Now I am reinstalling DT and alcohol and try again. :-)

Comment

I meant not accurate enough for StarForce DPM extraction.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Hi,
          After reinstallation everything (Alcohol 1.9.6 build 4719, DT4.09, use sfdrv removal tools and reinstall), it seems that SF v4.70.6.8 is still detecting DTv4.09. It shows "Attempt of emulation software has been detected." and I am sure that the SPTD driver is v1.43. Does anyone got the same problem?

Comment

You sure it's not the Alcohol version which gets detected? Try to remove it, and check.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Yup, I don't even have Alcohol installed and DT v4.09 got detected...

Comment

Where is your image located? Do you use NTFS compression?
                And btw which game?

Comment

Hi, my image is located on Desktop, 80G NTFS Format Drive. Actually I am from Hong Kong, many Chinese games are still protected by StarForce here. The game is called "True Tears" which is in Chinese.

Actually I have been discussing the topic at http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=215992

Let me reproduce it here:
                  Hi all,
                  Thanks to the daemon-tools team for their release of v4.09. However, it seems that StarForce v4.70.6.8 is still detecting DT v4.09 successfully.
                  My case is like this:
                  I upgrade the daemon-tools from v4.08 to v4.09 and made an image from alcohol v1.96 build 4719. I installed the game using the original disc and key from manual. I can run successfully from original disc but it shows "disc key error" problem everytime I run from DT v4.09.
                  I tried using 1X High percision DPM but no luck.

Then I tried to remove everything, the game, DT, SF driver (using latest driver removal tool), STPD driver, Alcohol and reinstall only the game, DT with STPD 1.43 driver. This time the game keeps detecting emulation software. I noticed that the SF driver is of v4.70.6.8 and I never see their news press about this. So I am just wondering whether anyone has the same experience as me?

I am from Hong Kong and actually many Chinese games are still protected by StarForce which I hate very much. So I am just wondering if anyone has a game with SFv4.70.6.8?

Great thanks for reading this! :-)

----------------------------------
                  Thanks Copytrooper!

Comment

Ok, where is the hdd connected (internal IDE, SATA, external USB, Firewire ...), and again: Do you use NTFS compression?

Comment

All harddisk are SATA disk and I don't think I have enabled NTFS compression, only NTFS format.
                      Attached the disk info capture.

Comment

Ok, NTFS compression seems to be disabled.
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

I am now producing a video capture to show the SF v4.70.6.8 in action... :-)

Comment

Hi,
                            Take a look at the small video capture and hope this will create a better understanding. :-)

p.s.: Sorry for the low quality. :-)

Video HERE

Comment

As I can see in your video you enable all emulations - you do NOT need any emulation to play from image, so try with all emulations OFF.

Comment

Working...
                              X