4.09 issue with dvd rw's and blanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.09 issue with dvd rw's and blanks

hi, just upgraded to 4.09 about 2 days ago, today i decided to burn a few files to dvd rw, nero insists the disk is a dvd-rom... even when i put in a disk i know 100% is blank... this didnt happen with 4.08...

i also rebooted into win2k (which had dt 4.08) and nero is fine... has anyone else encountered problems with 4.09 and dvd rw's (or +/- r's) being identified as 'dvd rom' ?

at least i've ruled out its a hardware thing, and the only new thing i installed was dt 4.09...
    my views are 100% personal views..

Ensure you've ignore media type function disabled in Alcohol, and disabled RMPS emulation. New hide recordable/rewritable media function includes DVD media now, thus written media will be identified as DVD-ROM with these functions enabled. Note that this can happen with formatted +RW media already.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I have a similar problem.
      I can't erase any +RW media at all, the disc is recognized as RW media but when I erase a disc it performs an erase, but the disc is not erased at all when it's done.
      I posted at duplexsecure about this.
      duplexsecure.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf duplexsecure.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

It's the SPTD 1.43 driver that's causing me problems, rolling back to 1.42 solves the problem.
      So I'm sticking with Daemon 4.08 for the time being.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
        Ensure you've ignore media type function disabled in Alcohol, and disabled RMPS emulation.
        done and done... same result, nero says its dvd-rom, making it pretty impossible to burn any disks now....
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
        X