Internal Setup Error. Contact Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal Setup Error. Contact Support

I have searched the forums and found nothing that works to fix this problem.

What I did:
    Step1) Downloaded Daemon Tools 4.09.
    Step2) Run the executable. It installed sptd 1.43 and asks for a reboot. I say OK and my PC reboots.
    Step3) When the PC comes back up and I log into my account Daemon Tools starts to run automatically and produces the error:

Internal Setup Error. Contact Support

I have tried removing sptd, booting in safe mode, disabling sptd and nothing works. Event logs have no entries for this.

Here are my specs:
    Daemon Tools 4.09
    SPTD version 1.43
    Win XP Pro SP2
    AMD Athlon64 3000+, 1 GB RAM

Try to disable anti virus, firewall and similar software.
    Also check system eventlog (run eventvwr.msc) for SPTD related error messages. Post the complete message incl. all binary bytes.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Disabled Norton anti-virus and cyber-armor with no effect i.e., same error message comes up. No SPTD logs in the event log.

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
      Try to disable anti virus, firewall and similar software.
      Also check system eventlog (run eventvwr.msc) for SPTD related error messages. Post the complete message incl. all binary bytes.

Comment

Same here!

here is the bytes:
        Event Type: Error
        Event Source: sptd
        Event Category: None
        Event ID: 4
        Date: 24/04/2007
        Time: 11:18:27 PM
        User: N/A
        Computer: CYPHER
        Description:
        Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
        Data:
        0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 52 00 ......R.
        0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 04 c0 .......А
        0010: a7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 §.......
        0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
        0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Comment

Having the same issue.
          Thanks in advance for any advice/help.
          ----------------------
          Product: DAEMON Tools -- Error 25001. Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2) . Contact your support personnel.
          For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
          0000: 7b 33 44 45 44 33 41 37 {3DED3A7
          0008: 32 2d 36 31 41 38 2d 34 2-61A8-4
          0010: 42 38 37 2d 39 38 41 35 B87-98A5
          0018: 2d 45 46 30 42 43 38 30 -EF0BC80
          0020: 33 38 41 41 30 7d 38AA0}

Comment

Me too, this is really irritating, stopped my work progress totally.

Anyone?

Comment

I also

I'm also not able to install Dtools, with the same message and results as the other posters.

i have just backed up to a previous state using Acronis and Dtools was fine 1/2hr ago and now it just will not install

Ta

Comment

Hello, i downloaded daemontools today and i have the same problem. the executable weight 1760k . then i search, on a second computer the dt4.09.1 that i downloaded monday, it weight 1764k, and it works well. i think there is a problem with the dt on the site.

Comment

I guess it's time for me to say "Me too"

Thnx

Comment

Filesize error? Well that would explain it.. any official ETA on the fix?

Comment

Originally Posted by jidea View Post
                      Hello, i downloaded daemontools today and i have the same problem. the executable weight 1760k . then i search, on a second computer the dt4.09.1 that i downloaded monday, it weight 1764k, and it works well. i think there is a problem with the dt on the site.
                      This is indeed the problem. I googled for DT for an alternative download location and indeed the size there was 1764k and indeed it installed this time for me.

Comment

Could you please post a link to the site where you found the working DT?

Comment

A quick Google search turned up this link with the same file size mentioned above.

DAEMON Tools is a virtual cd/dvd-rom emulator. It is able to emulate nearly all known copy protections on the market today.

Comment

oddly, i dont get this issue for the 32 bit version, i do however get it for the x64 version (xp 64 sp1).. any ideas

i've downloaded the file 3 times now, same result
                            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

please read the announcements! The last available version was
                              slightly modified (small glitch). Unfortunately, we use now also
                              a little bit modified "internal detection" for some components.

This caused all previous versions of SPTD <1.39 to spew out
                              this error. It is important to first install manually SPTD from
                              link that we posted in announcement and after reboot to
                              install the latest version of DT (it will skip SPTD installation as
                              you manually upgraded to latest available version and proceed
                              with installation of DT).

This should be tried out first by that people that runned older
                              versions of DT (and never upgraded SPTD-component)! If that
                              did not solved your problem (as obviously for the thread-starter
                              f.e.) please post your whole system-specs, we already try
                              to analyze the problem together with Duplex-guys

Comment

Working...
                              X