DT v4.09.1 install failed when I changed name of install pgm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT v4.09.1 install failed when I changed name of install pgm

I tend to always change the name of the install files I download to something which gives me more info about what is actually being installed. In this case the default name of the install program was
    daemon4091-x86.exe
    but I changed that to
    DAEMONToolsv4.09.1,X86,32 Bits(withSPTD1.43),16APR2007,daemon4091-x86.exe
    When I ran the (renamed) install program the first part of the install went fine. After the first half of the install completed and I had rebooted my system, I got the prompt to continue the installation, which I did. The install program started and prompted me to "Accept" the license agreement. I accepted the license agreement and, at that point, the install program abended/crashed. I tried to run the (renamed) install program again once or twice, but it failed in exactly the same way at exactly the same spot.

I then tried running the install program with its original name of daemon4091-x86.exe. This time the install completed without any problems at all.

This is such a trivial and possibly unlikely glitch that I will not be surprised if no one else can recreate it. Still seemed like it was worth mentioning.

-john

Maximum number of characters for setup file name is 63 - this is internal optimization. Otherwise it will fail to be recognized as a valid file.

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
      Maximum number of characters for setup file name is 63 - this is internal optimization.
      Why would you arbitrarily insert such a restriction? Shouldn't the name and its length be completely circumstantial?

Comment

Working...
      X