Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daemon tools and the dissapearing drive

Cd Drive Dissapeared

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just formatted my pc, everything was working fine
    I installed the latest version of daemon but it did not assign a virtual drive and just showed up as drive D , no cd's or dvd's would play. I uninstalled daemon, and now my d drive has dissapeared altogether, i can hear the discs move in the drive but it wont play and theres no reference to a d drive at all.
    looked on ur forums for a solution, have done the kb article and done the upper and lower class filters , checked if any dtools drivers are left over in sys32 and also uninstalled my d drive which does show up in the device manager and says its working fine, nothing has helped.
    i apologise if i have missed any other solution on the forum but i cant see any other help, i dont really want to reformat yet again , lucky enough i can use smart restore but what if i couldnt? i certainly would be stuck because the cd drive isnt working. My main worry is that if i do reformat and decide to use daemon ..will the same thing happen again? i have used daemon for the 3rd time now and 2 out of 3 there has been a problem, please can i have some support to this problem
Working...
X