Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinAmp and 4.09x

Hello,

Using the latest 4.09x...every time I fire up WinAmp, my machine reboots...tried both of the latest 4.09x, same result...been using the previous version with NO issues what-so-ever. Going back to previous release obviously fixes the reboot issue, but I figured I should at least post my experience here.

Check C:\Windows\minidump for the latest minidump file and send it to support@daemon-tools.cc for analysis. Make sure you reference this thread (and either send it unpacked or in a RAR file, as it appears ZIP is blocked by their mail server).

Comment

Please check new SPTD beta driver and report if it solves the issue:
      Need to mount or create an image? DAEMON Tools software is here at your service. Choose from laconic Lite, powerful Ultra or old but gold Pro and try for free.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I have a similar problem.
        With daemon tools 409-x86, and winamp 5.34. When I booted the computer and enabled all options - i was totally unable to load winamp at all.
        Winamp would appear in the task list taking a solid 15,000k of memory usage. But do nothing.
        It also caused various other processes to hang or slow down.

Removing daemon tools from start up and rebooting allowed me to run winamp again untill i started daemon tools and enabled any copy protection.

I tried installing the SPTD beta, but that made no difference at all.
        I have recently removed daemon tools as completely as i could but even now, winamp doesn't work. even after a clean install of winamp.

....help!?

Comment

SPTD not removed

Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
          I have recently removed daemon tools as completely as i could but even now, winamp doesn't work. even after a clean install of winamp
          Uninstalling DAEMON Tools does not remove the SPTD layer. You can uninstall SPTD using an option in the SPTD install program. I would then reboot and check WinAmp again to see if it works. If WinAmp still does not work, I don't think the issue is related to DAEMON Tools.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

WinAmp issue

Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
            I have a similar problem.
            With daemon tools 409-x86, and winamp 5.34. When I booted the computer and enabled all options - i was totally unable to load winamp at all.
            Winamp would appear in the task list taking a solid 15,000k of memory usage. But do nothing.
            It also caused various other processes to hang or slow down.

Removing daemon tools from start up and rebooting allowed me to run winamp again untill i started daemon tools and enabled any copy protection.

I tried installing the SPTD beta, but that made no difference at all.
            I have recently removed daemon tools as completely as i could but even now, winamp doesn't work. even after a clean install of winamp.

....help!?
            As I had very same problem (only with Winamp 5.35 and DT 4091-x86 version) like winamp never started (actually, he jammed windows and explorer.exe), various other processes in windows also hang or slow down; and nobody never gave a feedback in this thread, I think it will help to share my experience with you:

Like Copytrooper said:

Please check new SPTD beta driver and report if it solves the issue:
            http://www.disc-tools.com/download/sptdbeta
            This really solved problem. Actually, you need:
            1. Uninstall Daemon Tools (Start > Programs > DAEMON Tools > Uninstall);
            2. Uninstall SPTD with SPTD (de)installer (howto + SPTD file);
            3. Install SPTD v1.50 - again with same SPTD (de)installer;
            4. Install DT v4.09.1.
            And viola. Everything is working again like it should!

I hope so that above mentioned procedure will help also to solve other things, not only this nasty WinAmp issue.

BTW: DT is very handful and excellent tool, keep it up!

Bye,
            --
            Mario

Comment

Working...
            X