Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v4.09.1 breaks grabbing in Exact Audio Copy

Hi there,
    Yesterday I installed v4.09.1 of DAEMON Tools. Before that I used v4.03 and grabbing worked fine.
    To be shure it was DAEMON Tools, I did a reinstall of Windows XP on another HDD today - since uninstalling DAEMON Tools and/or reinstalling 4.03 didn't fix the problem - and used the same EAC (complete) profile I always use. Grabbed a track and grabbing went well.
    Next, I installed v4.09.1 and *bang*: when I start grabbing in EAC, it is Error Correcting extremely!
    Grabbing with another drive shows the same problem: when I grab a track, no matter which one.
    I use the "Installed external ASPI interface" option with Nero's ASPI drivers copied into the EAC directory.
    Grabbing with Native Win32 interface just works fine, but that doesn't solve the problem.
    I also think it fails verification in Nero after burning a CD, but that could be caused by something else:
    18:35:54 #22 Phase 81 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1655
    Data verification failed
    18:35:54 #23 Text 0 File Scsicmd.cpp, Line 406
    SCSI not using temporary buffers
    20 out of 20 temporary buffers allocated
    Existing drivers:
    File 'Drivers\ASPI32.SYS': Ver=4.71 (0001) built by: WinDDK, size=16512 bytes, created 6-5-2002 12:01:14
    File 'Drivers\nvatabus.sys': Ver=5.10.2600.0446 built by: WinDDK, size=79360 bytes, created 3-6-2004 11:40:46 (Adapter driver for rec)
    Registry Keys:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)
    Versions I use:
    • Exact Audio Copy - v0.95 beta 3
    • Win32 Nero Aspi Library (wnaspi32.dll) - 2.0.1.74
    • Ahead Nero - Burning Rom v5.5.10.42

Other settings in EAC I use, which could be used to regenerate the problem:
    (*) Secure mode with following drive features (recommended)
    +Drive has 'Accurate Stream' feature
    +Drive caches audio data
    -Drive is capable of retrieving C2 error information

(*) Use read sample offset correction

NOTE:
    + = ticked box
    - = unticked box

I think it's probably an SPTD conflict and not a DT bug.
    Will try to test turning off SPTD tonight.

Comment

me too

Same problem here. Something messed my pc for good.
      Was using 4.08 happily ripping/testing tracks with EAC, then upgraded to 4.09. I didn't test EAC with this version. Upgraded to 4.09.1 and then the next day I tried to test/rip music I bought from eBay: BAM! Small errors about 5 times per second. After about 6 hours(!) (including drive cool off times) when I canceled the operation, 1 track was tested & ripped, second one was only tested. Great! Tried with cd I had tested/ripped couple of days ago with 4.08 and suddenly it was full of small errors too! Same with all cds I tried.
      Unistalled (+reboot) DAEMON Tools, still errors in EAC. Uninstalled SPTD Driver from Windows Device Manager and rebooted. Not working, still errors. (Btw. SPTD driver should be unistalled when I uninstall SPTD! It came with it.)
      Well, now I don't know what to do. Do I have to friggin reinstall my Windows?
      Thanks for everything, one lesson I (think I) finally learned: don't upgrade software. I'm so fed up with computers, so many problems all the time.. bad career I chose.. I'm really beginning to think about a career change. Really.
      Specs:
      P4 2,8GHz, 1 GB RAM
      Win XP SP2 (+all current updates)
      DAEMON Tools 4.08 (no problems), 4.09 (didn't get to rip with EAC before I updated to, 4.09.1 (lot's of error correcting while ripping/testing tracks)
      Exact Audio Copy - v0.95 beta 4 (I use the "Installed external ASPI interface" option too like the original poster.)
      CDBurnerXP Pro 3
      ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001 (I've been meaning to change...)
      avast! Home 4.7.986

Comment

After reading http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/faq
        I closed DT first.
        Next, I downloaded SPTDinst-v143-x86.exe to uninstall the SPTD driver.
        Rebooted my computer and grabbing can be done normal now.
        So I think it's an SPTD bug?

Comment

Originally Posted by aaargh View Post
          (Btw. SPTD driver should be unistalled when I uninstall SPTD! It came with it.)
          Ok, got to correct this one.. I meant that: SPTD driver should be uninstalled when I uninstall DAEMON Tools!
          Also does somebody know why I can't edit my post? Am I too new user?

Comment

Originally Posted by aaargh View Post
            ... I meant that: SPTD driver should be uninstalled when I uninstall DAEMON Tools!
            Also does somebody know why I can't edit my post? Am I too new user?
            According to the FAQ on the DuplexSecure website it shouldn't:
            SPTD (similar to other access layers) is by default not removed from your system after uninstallation of software application which used SPTD, in order not to disrupt other applications that may use it!
            btw, I can't change messages either

Comment

Originally Posted by smerik View Post
              After reading http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/faq
              I closed DT first.
              Next, I downloaded SPTDinst-v143-x86.exe to uninstall the SPTD driver.
              Rebooted my computer and grabbing can be done normal now.
              So I think it's an SPTD bug?
              Short answer: YES. Got to be.. since your advice worked for me too. Thank you very much!

BUT.. somebody has some explaining to do (pronounced w/ Ricky Ricardo voice):
              1. Like I said previously; I uninstalled SPTD from Windows Device Manager (+reboot) BUT in current light of evidence it was NOT uninstalled although it disappeared from Device Manager. Why?
              2. Launching SPTDinst-v143-x86.exe said that SPTD was installed(!) and after selecting the uninstall option (+reboot) testing/ripping worked fine in EAC... BUT Windows Device Manager shows SPTD again, status stopped & startup disabled. Why if it was uninstalled?
              3. Launching SPTDinst-v143-x86.exe again tells me that "No SPTD version was detected."!? It's definitely in Windows Device Manager. Why?

Very strange. Mee thinks stopped != uninstalled. Or what do you think?

Side note to admins: preview cuts consecutive BR's/new lines to one. With only one you can not have chapters in your text.. it's painful to read long posts with no breaks. When you submit from preview, the text formatting posted is different to the preview you're viewing.

Comment

Please report which CDROM device you grab from and where it is attached (ATA, SATA, USB etc) and what controller.
                This seem to be a problem with SPTD in your case so we can report it to Duplex Secure for investigation.

Comment

If you want to remove the SPTD drive, you just need to go to the DuplexSecure website and download their latest installer. The installer gives you the option to upgrade or uninstall the current driver.

I think that editing posts is only allowed after 10/20 valid posts in the forum. Also the first 10 posts are moderated, so don't be surprised, when your posts do not show up immediately.

Comment

I have an ASUS A7N8X-XE motherboard (which has an NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset) and my CD-ROM devices (both on secundary IDE (ATA) controller) are:
                    - Plextor PX-W8432T
                    - DVD-116

Please report which CDROM device you grab from and where it is attached (ATA, SATA, USB etc) and what controller.
                    This seem to be a problem with SPTD in your case so we can report it to Duplex Secure for investigation.

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
                      I have an ASUS P4P800 board (ICH5R) and one LG CD-RW drive named HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8520B (ATA, Secondary Channel, Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers).

It would be nice if somebody could also ask the three questions I asked couple of posts ago. Or summarized question: why doesn't "uninstall" uninstall? (Still waiting advice on _real_ uninstalling methods.) Thank you. I don't want to register to or read Duplex Secure's forum, so somebody could post relevant answers to here. I believe that would serve all DAEMON Tools users.

Comment

To uninstall SPTD you must use native SPTD installer from Duplex Secure site - it cannot be uninstalled from Device Manager, like many other boot and system drivers btw. as for example StarForce, Tages etc: they provide own uninstallers too.

What concerns EAC this problem is under investigation and as soon as fix is available you will be informed.

Comment

To uninstall SPTD you must use native SPTD installer from Duplex Secure site - it cannot be uninstalled from Device Manager, like many other boot and system drivers
                          Hmm.. there must be somekind of misunderstanding now, I thought I specifically said that SPTD _was not_ uninstalled using SPTDinst-v143-x86.exe from Duplex Secure site! Selecting the uninstall just stopped it (after reboot). Running SPTDinst-v143-x86.exe again tells me that "No SPTD version was detected.", uninstall option greyed out. SPTD is in Windows Device Manager. How's that uninstalled?

I think that this is pretty simple and this could be so easily explained with just one picture, but I'm not allowed to do that..

We all have found out that the problem is with SPTD, not DT, but still you have to be interested since you're distributing SPTD with your program. I wonder how many times I have to post about this to get you to read & respond properly. No offence... really.

Comment

I too have the same problem with EAC and Audiograbber, which are all affected by this problem.

I have an LG GSA-E10L external DVD Rewriter (which is a rebaged HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-E10L).

I have an Intel Pentium 4 (532) mobile processor at 3.06GHz and an Intel i855GM/GME motherboard.

OS = XP SP2 fully patched up to date.

I also have Anydvd 6.1.3.6 installed.

The solutions mentioned above work perfectly, so it is an SPTD conflict.

It would be appreciated if Daemon Tools developers would remove the current SPTD version and go back to the previous version as it breaks all Audio ripping software.

Comment

Pentium 4 2.4C,1.5GB DDR 400 RAM,Asus P4P800 board (ICH5R)

Plextor DVDRW PX-760A and LITEON CDRW LTR 52327S BOTH have the problem mentioned in the post when using EAC to rip CD after using Daemon-Tools 4.09 with SPTD latest version.

Do not have problem when using the older version Daemon-Tools 4.08 with old version SPTD bundled

OS:Windows XP PRO 32bit SP2 (fully patched up to date)

Comment

Working...
                              X