Let us mount a mapped network drive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let us mount a mapped network drive!

Ich got no DVD in my comp, only in my notebook. Now I have several troubles with my TV out. Now with having a small network, I mapped the DVD drive on my local machine. Now I have an own drive letter for the DVD drive, but unfortunately my player software won't recognize it as DVD/CD-Rom. Therefor I can't use the option "Play disc in 'k:' ". I also can't play the IFO files with the "Play DVD file on HDD", probably because of the copy protection...

I'd like to see a feature, which would let us mount a network path as a dvd/cd-rom...

don't know how hard to implemet it woul be, but I'd really like such a feature.

Won't work with CSS protected DVDs!
    Did you try the "DVD from folder option" in e.g. WinDVD? Just point to the VIDEO_TS folder on the mapped drive - don't know if that works from CSS protected DVDs though.
    You still can create an image from your DVD with DVD-Decrypter or try AnyDVD.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

"DVD from folder option" didn't work. Sure I can create a DVD-image, if I would free up some space on my HDD :wink:
      I could rip the movie directly from the DVD too, but that would block my computer for about 24 hours (to render the DivX-file). And that is something, I don't want to do, if I just want to watch the film and then give it back...
      So nevermind...
      ...but thnx for trying to help

Comment

Fire up AnyDVD on the machine with the DVD-rom

Comment

I would like to see the same feature.
          I have a MediaCenter PC, which also functions as the central server in my home. This Server is located in a separate room, with my other techy stuff.
          Now when I want to play a DVD in my living room (without spending hours to rip it first) I need to go over to my server to insert it.
          I would prefer to be able to put it in my laptop (which is in my living room because it functions as a remote control for MediaCenter).
          When I simply mount the laptop's DVD drive, MediaCenter doesn't recognize it as a DVD drive and hence won't play it.

would be nice to have this fixed....

Comment

Tieske8 - I cannot send you a PM, why?

Comment

probably for the same reason I can't sent you one....

I changed my settings, you should be able to sent me a PM now.

Comment

Maybe he has disabled it?!
                Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I just enabled it...

Comment

I would have a tip for him... But I won't post it in the public forum.

Comment

Try e-mail!
                      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

changed the settings, please try again.

Comment

check this thread.
                          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by tieske8
                            When I simply mount the laptop's DVD drive,
                            You can't mount a drive. You need to mount an image file.

If you are thinking about remotely controlling a physical DVD-ROM drive check out Starport and Starwind.
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks, I downloaded a trial version of StarWind and StarPort, and that is exactly what I need. Works perfectly.

Yet, 50 bucks is a price to pay...

Comment

Working...
                              X