Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trouble creating an image or copy or anything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble creating an image or copy or anything.

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero v.6.0.0.15; Clone CD v.4.2.0.2; WinISO v.5.3; Virtual CD v.4
    Anti-virus Software: McAfee but disabled during all attempts
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33

OK. I bought BF1942, and this was my second copy because my last copy got scratched up too bad to be readable. So i want to make the game playable CD-FREE. However, everytime i go to make an image or make a 1:1 copy of the game, it doesn't work. I've used all the burning software mentioned above at least 10 times each with variant settings. I followed the steps described in the Daemon-Tools manual (launch game, exit game, do not take out cd, create image or copy cd with clone cd). All with no such luck. When i used Virtual CD, it said the sector wasn't "readable".
    During the burning attempts, i set Daemon-Tools emulation to Safedisc and i've even set all the emulations on. I know Battlefield 1942 is safedisc2 protected and also has a cd check. If some smart fella out there could solve this problem i would be ETERNALLY grateful. i've already spent many sleepless nights on this problem.
    Much thanks in advance.

The read errors are normal - they're part of the protection. If you used Daemon Tools fast dump feature correctly (i.e. all read errors were read in ca. 10 secs) the resulting cd-r whould work perfectly with enabled SafeDisc emulation.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X