Nero Nightmare after installing Daemon 4.09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero Nightmare after installing Daemon 4.09

I'm thinking that this could be a bug since it is reproducible, but just wanted to see if anyone else has had similar problem.

I was burning copies of a particular audio cd for my wife one evening Using Nero, The next morning I updated DT from 4.08 to 4.09. My wife wanted one more copy. When I copied the audio CD, everything (bitrate, track length etc.) looked fine but when I played it either in Winamp OR an external CD player each track made only a continuous clicking sound. I tried to rip the tracks individually to wav or mp3 using Nero Express and got the same result in the files that were saved.

Over the next 3 days I
    *Uninstalled and re-installed Nero(6.6.08) three times
    *Downloaded and installed some additional aspi drivers (that I didn't need)
    * Uninstalled Daemon Tools 4.09 (since all was ok prior to installation)
    * Posted messages on a CD burning site
    * Pulled my hair out and burned coasters

I had a feeling that the Daemon Tools upgrade had changed something, and even though I had uninstalled it that it was still causing problems. I have used DT for years with no problems. Great Program!!!

I searched the DT forums for how to completely uninstall DT, specifically the SPTD driver and found some information.
    I deleted the SPTD.sys file from System32/Drivers folder and change the start DWORD referenced in the registry from a 0 (start) to a 4 (Do not start). Rebooted and all was well, EVERYTHING WORKED!!!!

After I burned a couple of CD's I tried re-installing DT. This time it was v 4.09.01 since an updated version was available.
    As soon as I installed it Nero went back to created clicking sound tracks. I uninstalled, went through the same removal process and Nero works again. Has anyone else had this problem? Could it be the Updated SPTD layer with v4.09 ?
    I am going to try installing the old version and see if it works as it used to.

System
    Athlon 1333 : Asus MB
    ALI chipset
    XP SP2 with all updates, no spyware or viruses
    768M Ram
    Liteon 48125W CD burner
    Asus CD=S500 50x CDROM
    Nero (Version 6.6.08)

Please check new SPTD beta driver and report if it solves the issue:
    Need to mount or create an image? DAEMON Tools software is here at your service. Choose from laconic Lite, powerful Ultra or old but gold Pro and try for free.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X