real dvd drives missing after install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• real dvd drives missing after install

i installed daemon tools v4.08 and it asked to reboot so i did, but after reboot and install, the virtual drives works fine, just that my original 2 physical dvd drives are gone!!! i tried uninstalling daemon tools and reinstalling it, but they don't come back!!! please help me

Figured I should save the trouble of making a new topic.

I tried doing what you said in the common problems topic related to this, but I don't appear to have either upperfliters or lowerfliters in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

What should I do now? =\

Comment

I have the same problem.
      I made some investigations for a few ours and here is the result (a little strange I think).

After installing DT 4.09.1 and rebooting WITH ANY disc in real DVD drive (I have Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A) then all OK.

But after booting WITHOUT disc in real DVD drive then I can't read any disc in this drive and after scanning for hardware changes in Device Manager real DVD-drive completely disappears. Reboot with disc in real drive sometimes solves the problem and sometimes not. But after uninstalling DT then I again can access real DVD drive in all cases.

Could anybody shed some light on this?

I'm using Win XP SP2.
      My configuration: Core2Duo E6600, ASUS P5B, 2GB Corsair DDRII-800.

Thank you,
      Andrey.

Comment

me too. However, I could get my read drive back after uninstalling DT and SPTD, diable them, registration, etc. But not yet reinstall my windowsXP(SP2). It just like totally disappeared from my laptop.

Comment

Just one more tip:
          I don't face this problem after installing SPTD 1.43 only.
          It comes after installing DT 4.09.1 itself. So, this problem related to DT itself, not to SPTD driver.

FYI: I don't have either UpperFliters or LowerFliters in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and I've reinstalled Windows Media Player already.

Comment

And one more tip that might be helpful:
            On ASUS P5B motherboard (Intel i965P chipset) IDE is realized by JMicron JMB36X controller.

Comment

Maybe some driver is active in system which acts similar to filter driver but does not appear in registry, eg. from some copy protection. This problem needs investigation. DT itself does not try to hide any real CDROMs.

Comment

Originally Posted by Teliol View Post
                I have the same problem.
                I made some investigations for a few ours and here is the result (a little strange I think).
                After installing DT 4.09.1 and rebooting WITH ANY disc in real DVD drive (I have Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A) then all OK.
                But after booting WITHOUT disc in real DVD drive then I can't read any disc in this drive and after scanning for hardware changes in Device Manager real DVD-drive completely disappears. Reboot with disc in real drive sometimes solves the problem and sometimes not. But after uninstalling DT then I again can access real DVD drive in all cases.
                Could anybody shed some light on this?

I'm using Win XP SP2.
                My configuration: Core2Duo E6600, ASUS P5B, 2GB Corsair DDRII-800.
                Thank you,
                Andrey.
                almost the same configuration for me...and i've experienced the same problem (when i boot with a DVD inserted everything works, but when i try to access a DVD after booting with no media in the drive the system gives me a "general I/O error"):apparently there's no way to make Demon Tools work on this motherboard

BTW you can restore the drives by unisntalling Demon Tools and then installing the Jmicron driver that you can find in the ASUS website..hope this helps

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
                  DT itself does not try to hide any real CDROMs.
                  actually the CD/DVD drives are not hidden: they still appear when you click on "my computer"...but when you try to access them the system gives a "general I/O" error.

Comment

Problem solved..

Hi, I encountered the same Problem on my Vista x64 config. First the Daemon-Tools stopped to work, and the real DVD drive as well.

I went throught this Post and as the Development said,
                    its all about some other drivers conflicting with windows drivers.

I went to Administrative Tools/Event Viewer (btw: thats what the event viewer is for, for looking what actually happens in your system, so start there!)

and founded the following entry under System marked as Error (red circle with !)

\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\VD_FileDisk.SYS has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

So the problem is the VD_FileDisk.SYS driver, regedit.exe, deleted all entries with VD_FileDisk.SYS,
                    deleted the File as well.

I also founded this entry:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
                    PxHlpa64
                    VD_FileDisk

DEVELOPMENT: is any of the .sys above part of DT?

PXHlpa64? Don't know what that is, but after looking into this file i founded its from 2005. Deleted, removed all entries from registry.

I rebooted with Bootloging enabled, no errors, no problems. Opened Device Manager, DVD drive all functional

Im gonna reinstall Daemon Tools and share my insights.
                    So people, check out your event viewer and look for *.sys errors in it.

Good luck,
                    Synapsis

Comment

Originally Posted by Synapsis View Post
                      No.
                      Google for that sys files, should give you some info about them.
                      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Synapsis View Post
                        Hi, I encountered the same Problem on my Vista x64 config. First the Daemon-Tools stopped to work, and the real DVD drive as well.

I went throught this Post and as the Development said,
                        its all about some other drivers conflicting with windows drivers.

I went to Administrative Tools/Event Viewer (btw: thats what the event viewer is for, for looking what actually happens in your system, so start there!)

and founded the following entry under System marked as Error (red circle with !)

\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\VD_FileDisk.SYS has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

So the problem is the VD_FileDisk.SYS driver, regedit.exe, deleted all entries with VD_FileDisk.SYS,
                        deleted the File as well.

I also founded this entry:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
                        PxHlpa64
                        VD_FileDisk

PXHlpa64? Don't know what that is, but after looking into this file i founded its from 2005. Deleted, removed all entries from registry.

I rebooted with Bootloging enabled, no errors, no problems. Opened Device Manager, DVD drive all functional

Im gonna reinstall Daemon Tools and share my insights.
                        So people, check out your event viewer and look for *.sys errors in it.

Good luck,
                        Synapsis
                        were do i go to locate PxHlpa64 and VD_FileDisk ??????????????????????????????????????????????? PLZZZ REPLY

Comment

HERE THE ULTIMATE EASY SOLUTION:

download and double click

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Comment

this file should be in the top of Common Problems and Solutions...

just there : http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f26/my-...s-missing-440/

Comment

here the official link:

right click
                              save as
                              double click on the file

Comment

Working...
                              X