PDA

View Full Version : Starforce 3. Is it THAT bad??

Ripperjack
24.11.2003, 03:38
O/S: Windows XP Pro. Sp1 + latest patches/hot fixes from windowsupdate.com ( 24-nov-2003 )
Image/Burning software: Blindwrite 5.0.2 + Alcohol 1.4.7 ( Build 1005 )
Daemon Tools: 3.41

Well I finally got my copy of "X2 - The Threat", only to find that it has StarForce 3 protection. I never had to deal with that before so I decided to have a look on the forums about it.

I was shocked to see that nobody can create an image, that will run with Daemon-Tools. :shock: I've been running games from virtual images now for quite some time, rather than swapping CD's, so I'd hate to have to run my copy of "X2 - The Threat" from the CD itself. I mean, playing games from the CD's is soooo 20th century.

So my questions are:

Is StarForce 3 THAT bad?
Is it really not possible to run this game from a virtual image?
Does any of my listed software programs above have any ghost of a chance, of creating an image that I can run?

I know these questions have probably been asked before, I guess it's just wishful thinking that I'm going to get a positive answer.

Damn! I knew I should have got my CD from the US, rather than locally here in Australia. Probably, wouldn't be faced with StarForce in that case. :cry:

Copytrooper
24.11.2003, 10:58
StarForce3 refueses to run the game, if any IDE-CD-ROM device is fount in system - so the only way to run from virtual (SCSI) device is to disable all IDE-drives (not recommended).

Ripperjack
24.11.2003, 23:18
DAMN!! That's what I figured. :(

Good thing my main games rig only has 1 CD drive, on the secondary IDE channel, with nothing else on that channel. So a quick trip to the BIOS would fix that. ( I keep my HDD's and CD/DVD drives on separate channels when at all possible. )

...but really guys, there HAS to be a better way.

I don't want to think that I spent all this money on software like Alcohol and Blindwrite, only to be facing a copy protection that renders these titles all but useless, unless I start disabling parts of my computer to get the virtual images to run. It's just not right. :x

Thanks for your advice, though.

maXmo
29.11.2003, 02:34
http://www.star-force.com/products/prof30/features.htm
The copies of the protected software made in RAW mode using CloneCD, CDRWin, BlindWrite or similar, are absolutely unusable since the embedded protection requires a licensed CD in the drive, not its copy.

http://www.star-force.com/products/prof30/implementation.htm
This 24-byte alpha-numeric key is valid only for this particular batch of discs. Using this key, the developer performs the final testing of the protected application produced on the discs of the test batch. After the tests are completed, the rest of the batch can be manufactured. This extracted key is used to launch the protected application and can be printed on the discs' packaging material, the discs themselves, or made available on a product website.

This key depends on the complex aggregation of numerous unique phisical parameters of glass master, from which the CD-ROM discs of the batch are replicated. These parameters are not replicated during CD copying. Using a common CD-ROM StarForce copy-protection DLL can determine were supplied key corresponds to supplied disk or not.

We can only be on strike. Were not people purchase disks with a http://www.star-force.com/im/top-cap.gif label, game developers would not use this copy protection system.

shinji
29.11.2003, 02:46
Some of that stuff sounds like the "digital" signature used for SafeDisc and SecuROM. Only in those cases, it was just a sequence of bad sectors. Star Force sounds like an interesting protection that needs some work to get copies working. I will look into that one. Anyone know which products are protected with this protection?

Ripperjack
29.11.2003, 10:18
"X2 - The Threat" Australian version, and most likely Asian version, for starters.

If I had known about this protection, I would have NEVER bought the game. :x

Villy
04.12.2003, 10:34
Some of that stuff sounds like the "digital" signature used for SafeDisc and SecuROM. Only in those cases, it was just a sequence of bad sectors. Star Force sounds like an interesting protection that needs some work to get copies working. I will look into that one. Anyone know which products are protected with this protection?

I've got the disk of EtherLords II (3cd) (russian) protected with StarForce3

Ripperjack
07.12.2003, 11:29
To add insult to injury, I've just discovered that the American version of X2 doesn't even use StarForce 3, but instead uses SecuRom New ( v 5.0 ).

To make it worse there is a No-CD exe over at GameCopyWorld, that I can't use as the copy protection is different. ARGH!!! :evil:

Last time I buy a locally produced ( Australian publisher ) game. In future it's going to be American release games, or nothing.

As it appears that the hacker groups only bother with American releases, so I don't hold out much hope for a StarForce No-CD exe or virtual mounting solution. TYPICAL!! :roll:

Ripperjack
20.12.2003, 09:06
Woohoo!! Just got the new version of Daemon Tools, and I can now play all my SecuRom games via virtual CD. :D You guys behind Daemon Tools, are legends.

Any news on StarForce 3 games?

Is there a chance that these games will work with D-Tools, or is that a lost cause.

Anyway in future I'm sticking to US printed/released games, since any game made in Australia will most likely use StarForce. :roll:

Andareed
20.12.2003, 12:47
Try using rmps emulation, or try unplugging all ide drives (like sf 3 old).

Reef
20.12.2003, 14:31
Do the drives really need to be unplugged? Or is it ok to just disable them in the bios?

Andareed
20.12.2003, 20:47
You can try both, but I think you must unplug.

unruled
24.12.2003, 11:04
well kay, seems the game trackmania has starforce 3, now without unplugging other ide drives the setup wont even run, so unplug reboot and ok, install runs then it asks for serial verification - i put in a serial gotten with the cd it says verifying (takes like ages) then says it doesnt match..but theres no other cdkey as far as im aware of,

anyone else hav this problem?

unruled
24.12.2003, 14:31
hmkay now tried to mount with both drives disconnceted and with alcahol and then it works..but i would want it to work with daemon :cry: :oops:

maXmo
30.12.2003, 16:41
I heard, that ( ClonyXXL + D-Tools ) and ( Alcoholer + Alcohol 120% ) packs may help. Another measure is placing virtual drive before IDE drive (in alphabetical order). :?:
You can also try "starforce alcohol" search in Google...

ITSE
14.01.2004, 13:36
Oh no,
its possible to create an 1:1 Copy of StarForce 3 protectet CD's.
But its very hard.

I try to discribe how it will function.
What you need:
Blinwrite and the BWA (Best is BW Version 5)
So next to do is read the CD wich is protected and Save it as Image.
Than extract the BWA form the CD. (save it in another directory than the image)
Next to do is to burn image on a CD-R with lowest speed and without any RMPS or BWA infos!!!!
Now you have to extract the BWA from the new burned CD again.
And save it in another directory as the first original. Ok?

So, now it cames the really hard job.

You have a code wich you enter at Install the CD,
wich indentifies that the CD is original.
(StarForce is AngleBased Copy Protection, the Code there to get the Messuring Points)

Look at the original BWA and the BWA from the Copied CD-R.
You have to create a new code for the Copied CD-R.
Use HexEditor, but i tell you, its not easye to make new Code.
(looking in EXE/DLL for infos how it will check code)
If you have generated a new Code wich is function after Install the copied CD , than you have a 1:1 or better sayed a new Original Protected CD.

Development
16.01.2004, 05:21
You are very naive if you think you can calculate CD-KEY for StarForce based on image info.;-) Most likely you will spend at least 6 months to reverse-engineer their code to understand how the key is built.

ITSE
17.01.2004, 10:35
I sayed its possible and thats true
I dont sayed that i will do that job :mrgreen:

Development
18.01.2004, 00:46
:D
Surprisingly, it may even not work, because the range of possible angles may be hardcoded inside exe (depends on version) and CD-R can be easily identified by absolutely different curve if protection authors are not idiots, and believe me they aren't :D
But your method may work with some more simple protection like eg. CD-COPs if you know the CD-KEY building algo. Unfortunately it depends on each title as well. And you never should use BWA for this purpose, just make proper MDS with Alcohol and make its analysis.

Andareed
18.01.2004, 02:09
There was an article at cdfreaks forum about this. If cd check failed, sf3 gave an error code/id. Based on this and how long it took to verify, they were able to get a valid id.

Development
18.01.2004, 03:50
Hmm. I never saw any StarForce game that displays some id on failure - it just asks to reenter CD-KEY, nothing more.

Karson
05.02.2004, 11:51
Andareed
I think You're right! If we could generate new key for cloned CD - it's a way to work with it :-)
Certainly, it's a violation of licence, but...

mf666
10.02.2004, 22:14
Hi,

X2 (german) and DESERT RATS also have Starforce3.

@DAEMON-DEVELOPER-TEAM

I just want to know if there are some projects in your team to solve the problem. Would it be in idea to adress the IDE-Drives as Fake-SCSI-drives or something ?

Is there an idea You follow OR is it all to frustrating? thanks for honest answer.

,jACkdA\W
10.02.2004, 22:53
well, i'm not from DAEMON-DEVELOPER TEAM...

but i can tell you that you can not code a fake IDE controller...
and that's all about that.
BTW, SF3 drivers (prosync1.sys) have been causing serious issues on quite some machines now, including mine.
probably my stuff (one game again) uses an outdated driver, but guessing from other people's posts, this seems sort of an unresolved issue from StarForce side. So you'd be better off in just waiting and seeing... probably using errrrm-exes if you insist on going virtual with this.
(if you really have to... it's not just about being not exactly elegant, you know :? )

mf666
11.02.2004, 13:50
well, i'm not from DAEMON-DEVELOPER TEAM...

but i can tell you that you can not code a fake IDE controller...
and that's all about that.
BTW, SF3 drivers (prosync1.sys) have been causing serious issues on quite some machines now, including mine.
probably my stuff (one game again) uses an outdated driver, but guessing from other people's posts, this seems sort of an unresolved issue from StarForce side. So you'd be better off in just waiting and seeing... probably using errrrm-exes if you insist on going virtual with this.
(if you really have to... it's not just about being not exactly elegant, you know :? )

Hi, i dont wanna use such EXEs!

Lots of games are being patched again and again. So searching for a new EXE again and again ?? No and thats not legal.

I would like to know a developers statement about this STARFORCE 3 subject.

Sorry and thanks

LocutusofBorg
13.02.2004, 05:19
we ARE working on a solution for StarForce3. HOW this solution works, will
be posted here as soon as we are ready to go. In the meantime, only
solution to work from virtual drives is to "shutdown" the IDE-Drives. F.e.
shut them down in bios or pull the ide-plug. But believe me, we don't
forget about StarForce :)

mf666
25.02.2004, 17:52
thanks for the answer.

Whit a solution on this point You will be beamed to highest admiration (if not yet happened) 8)

professorx
03.03.2004, 14:12
you probably know this already but Starforce will need to be presented the original CD-Key (and not just to keep on the legal side of things).
X2 Threat has a facility to display the calculated CD-Key and report the problem. The key is stored in the registry once successfully entered but Starforce objects to the newly calculated one (unless it displays an obfuscated version maybe??)

Azmodan
01.06.2004, 12:16
Another game with StarForce in Beyond Divinity (RPG).
But, from what Alcohol suport said, it uses StarForce 3.33 which blacklists known CD emulators. So, the workaround with unpluging the IDE drives, doesn't work at all.

Please use Beyond Divinity to check if the next Deamon Tools is working with StarForce 3.

10x

Azmodan
11.06.2004, 16:52
new trick with StarForce 3.3

same procedure as for Starforce 3 (disconect IDE drive), but u must mount the image from a network drive mapped locally with DTools

mike_ravenwood
24.07.2004, 10:27
Solider - Heroes of WWII also uses Star Force 3
after it fails the check you can click on info and it returns a different key
and a 16 digit number ( A,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 i think is what I got)

NervousImplant
29.07.2004, 04:02
Very odd that i made a copy of starforce 3 today which i was able to
play with about 2-3 times after that it ceased to function ...removed
starforce 3 with starforceclean.exe and retried. rebooted and still
couldnt get it to run anymore. This is very strange..the key worked
and a couple of hours later it doesnt work anymore.... what and where
does this crap driver store the details there must be more than starforceclean can catch..something must be written to disk somewhere
in order to make this logical.

Azmodan
03.09.2004, 12:51
StarForce3 has be dealt with. quite interestingly if i might say.

the way it's been done: a small fake image (mds/mdf) that looks like the original disc (label) and has a known SF3 cd-key. the game starts up, sees a CD but looks "unauthorized = a copy" and asks for a key. u just enter the key generated for the fake image..e voila. it works
(i don;t know how to generate a sf3 cd-key for the fake image)

LocutusofBorg
03.09.2004, 15:20
this is no "deal", moreover it's a bug in SF3-behaviour and will be "fixed"
in one of the next updates, you can count on that

Tryst
09.02.2005, 20:07
Solider - Heroes of WWII also uses Star Force 3
after it fails the check you can click on info and it returns a different key
and a 16 digit number ( A,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 i think is what I got)

That's the number it returns every time it fails. I tried it with Obscure and it was the same 16 digit number. My guess is that this is a 16 bit hex representation of an error code. Just a guess of course, I'm about 200 million miles from being an expert on these matters. I'll leave it to the Daemon Tools guys and such to sort this one out.

Fyrez
12.02.2005, 20:07
Attention!!!!

There is NEW version of Star Force !! =((((

read here: http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?category=10&type=1&id=673

dm_gammer
22.03.2005, 07:56
Sory for my English.
Its really new ATAPI check. We tested version 3.4.72.03 and SFNightmare not work with this version. But we unpluged power in cdrom drive and starforce run with miniimage againe! For bypass blacklist we use SFNightmare.

rendariaka
23.03.2005, 03:31
Hi guys, I have read the board rules and understand that we are not allowed to discuss NoCD's. I just though you guys might like to know that starforce 3 has been cracked to the newest version (3.4). There is still no way to make a 1:1 and emulate the protection. If I find one, II will post it.

PS If the mods find this post offending or whatever else mods feel towards posts that have the word NOCD in them, they should delete it.

PSS I strongly suggest that you do not download the crack

TheGreySpectre
12.04.2005, 09:28
Latest game with starforce 3 is Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

dm_gammer
13.04.2005, 04:55
Latest version 3.4.74.08. We tested 2 games. Cozzacs 2 cd version and 1 game on Russian (DVD).
SFNightmate work for bypass ATAPI check again! And on 1 game we run starforce from miniimage!
No new blacklist and no new ATAPI check!

ThE_En4CeR
13.04.2005, 14:23
Hi I have several StarForce protected games and I use a combination of the above described solutions... guess what? IT WORKS!

You need:

Daemon Tools 3.47
StarFuck (REMOVED)
A mini noCD image of the game in question

Load the mini CD into Daemon Tools, then fire up StarFuck. Choose which version of StarForce you want to disable (if you aren't sure, try several) and choose to deactivate your CDROM drives (beats unplugging them everytime, eh?). Now you are finally ready to play your game.

Downside of this method is the work involved and the need for a mini image. The main advantage is that you don't have to crack (which, ofcourse, is ILLEGAL (advantage #2 :P )) it everytime you upgrade to a new version.

rendariaka
14.04.2005, 00:58
And I seriously doubt that this works for Chaos Theory.

dm_gammer
14.04.2005, 08:39
Chaos theory protected by ISO protection. Also Cozzacs 2 protect by ISO protection. Its don't run from mini image. But if you write on cd-r/cd-rw with RPMS emulation and run from usb cdrom, its work fine!
But we wait for daemon tools 4.0. I hope, that will be soon.

$CyBeRwIz$
17.04.2005, 05:37
Yep, with the ISO protection StarForce now checks the CD (or image) in different spots to see if it can detect a mini image. So, it is likely people are stuck with having to make a full image.

dm_gammer
19.04.2005, 11:15
Today we tested 2 games. Starforce 3.4.76.00. All run from mini-image and no new blacklist and ATAPI check.

geo
20.04.2005, 02:53
uhmm... who's 'we'? :?:

LocutusofBorg
20.04.2005, 13:50
whoever "we" is, it's total unimportant here. Keep this thread clear and
plain dedicated to StarForce, nothing else. Use OffTopic-forum or
mail/PM for questions like these.
And I guess WE simple means him and a friend, and if not, who cares anyway

pip8184
21.04.2005, 05:06
I tried making an img from cossacks 2 with both latest alcohol and bw then mount them on DT 347, used SFN to disable the physical drives, the thing still doesn't wanna run... after the check bar reach full it says wrong cd

BTW how do you bypass blacklisting (if there is) with SFN?

pip8184
21.04.2005, 05:40
Here's what is says:
Failed to identify the disc in the drive. Please enter a licensed disc.

Running off both mini img as well as full img with RMPS emulation on...

LocutusofBorg
21.04.2005, 10:29
did you try to PHYSICAL remove drives? f.e. disconnect power-cable to
cd-roms

dm_gammer
21.04.2005, 10:59
cossacks 2 protected by iso protection. No mini-image, no run from daemon 3.47. Write with rpms on cd-r. cd-rw, insert into usb drive and say "Goodby starforce"! Or wait for daemon 4.0.

,jACkdA\W
22.04.2005, 00:56
BTW how do you bypass blacklisting (if there is) with SFN?
if SFN means SFNightmare? That would mean hitting 'Disable Node' before doing/trying anything else. You checked that with full image?

ALTAiR
06.05.2005, 08:14
Alcohol 120% is the best way.
Click Image Making Wizard > Skip Reading Errors + Fast Skip Error Blocks + Advanced Sector Scanning + Read Subchannel Data... + Data Position Measurment (Read Speed 1X) > Next > Start.
When image is Ready try this: Image Burning Wizard > Write Speed 4X +
RawSao+Sub + ByPass EFM Error + Rectify Sub Channel Data + Burn RMPS Emulation. When you make the Cd (A good Brand as TDK, Verbatim etc is recommended) go to Alcohol 120% again , go to GENERAL > Emulation > RPMS on. From now the Cd you just make will play as original...
If you want to play as a virtual Cd from Daemon Tools !! you must try emulation On only for RMPS, not for laserlock, not for Safedisk, not for Securom, JUST for RMPS. If it doesn't work then try the same options to Alcohol Emulations as it may be conflict...
the sure is that with these settings all the copied protected CD's are playing just fine on my pc, (Windows XP SP2 - Plextor CD-RW 40X - EIDE).
And Don't forget to log in to windows with administrator's Privilege *****

One way to uninstall the EIDE Cd-rom very easy is to put a wired ON-OFF button on the tower that cuts the internal wire (12V) going to Cd-Rom before start the PC. Easy...

ALTAiR
The A Star from the AQUiLA costellation...
8)

dm_gammer
15.05.2005, 07:35
Vary bad news. In last month no new version of starforce >3.4.76.00. We wait for new version 4.0, thats come on 20 may on some new games.

bigboy177
15.05.2005, 10:36
Vary bad news. In last month no new version of starforce >3.4.76.00. We wait for new version 4.0, thats come on 20 may on some new games.

Yeah sure... and you know this from your crystal ball ?

dm_gammer
15.05.2005, 16:28
Sory, but i don't understand this specific humor ...

bigboy177
15.05.2005, 16:55
Sory, but i don't understand this specific humor ...

And I'm sorry because I don't understand ppl that write things that are just from their imagination... Give us a link or something that is official... not just your words... StarForce company will milk SF3 as long as possible... it would be stupid of them to release a new version when SF3 is doing so great don't you think ?

dm_gammer
15.05.2005, 17:49
I write we wait! But i don't write "i know that 100%". I am from Ukraine, a am a owner a biggest antistarforce forum at www.bestmedia.kiev.ua. Also its home of StarForce nigtmare. Some visitors of my forum tell me about new version. And if you read this http://www.star-force.com//protection.phtml?c=83&id=480 you will understand me.
November 2004: 3.4.63.00 with new drivers
December 2004: 3.4.65.11
January 2005: 3.4.70.2 - new protect in Pi-code (Ultima release don't run anymore!)
February 2005: 3.4.72.00
March 2005: 3.4.74.13
Early April 2005: 3.4.76.00
April 2005: 3.4.76.00
May 2005: 3.4.76.00...

bigboy177
15.05.2005, 19:50
I write we wait! But i don't write "i know that 100%". I am from Ukraine, a am a owner a biggest antistarforce forum at www.bestmedia.kiev.ua. Also its home of StarForce nigtmare. Some visitors of my forum tell me about new version. And if you read this http://www.star-force.com//protection.phtml?c=83&id=480 you will understand me.
November 2004: 3.4.63.00 with new drivers
December 2004: 3.4.65.11
January 2005: 3.4.70.2 - new protect in Pi-code (Ultima release don't run anymore!)
February 2005: 3.4.72.00
March 2005: 3.4.74.13
Early April 2005: 3.4.76.00
April 2005: 3.4.76.00
May 2005: 3.4.76.00...

It doesn't mean that they will release a new version... It just means that this version is good enough to just leave it be... They don't need to patch any holes... SF3 is practicaly uncrackable the way it is now... If crackers find another hole, they will surely patch it... but I think there are no holes...

Crackers must find a way to crack it in a different way if they want the scene to survive... I'm not worried tho... cause the ballance of the world will always come back... one time the good guys win, the other time the bad guys... it was always like this... and it always will be...

dm_gammer
16.05.2005, 05:30
Let's don't speak about crack here. And let's wait for a daemon tools 4.0.
20th may we will see, whats happen :D
P.S. And who tell, that starforce 3.4 is not able to be cracked? It's already fully cracked!

dm_gammer
16.05.2005, 09:11
Example: i have motherboard with via KT800pro chipset. And i have serial ata dvd-rw. Starforce can not correct read data from controller on this chipset (only serial-ata, not ide!). And i run any copy of my game, thats protected by starforce. And i can run from any cd-rom drive (USB, Fire-wire, excentral raid controllers), where starforce can not correct read data from controller! And starforce drivers incorrect work on 64-bit windows!
And this is only begin the end of starforce!
They must write new version ore make totally internet activation. Ore this protect will die soon whithout crack!

dm_gammer
31.05.2005, 17:57
http://www.gamershell.com/news/22400.html
StarForce 3.5.07.00 detected -> G:\Cross Racing Championship 2005 Demo\protect.dll

Sarmad Nawaz
18.10.2005, 22:53
the game brian lara cricket 2005 has starforce 3 security..that is why this game is not avaiable yet in pakistan even after 4 months of its release....will the starforce 3 security be broken by the daemon tools 4..??????? :?:

LocutusofBorg
19.10.2005, 14:22
.that is why this game is not avaiable yet in pakistan even after 4 months of its release

What do you mean exactly? You can't buy StarForce-protected titles in
Pakistan??

Nikos
19.10.2005, 21:52
.that is why this game is not avaiable yet in pakistan even after 4 months of its releaseWhat do you mean exactly? You can't buy StarForce-protected titles in Pakistan??I think that in Pakistan no one buys originals. Are originals even available there? There are some countries where it's legal to distribute/sell copies. Does someone here know if this is the case in Pakistan? If yes, I don't think vendors would even attempt to sell software products there. (By the way, if it's true, don't blame the users; blame the laws. The users have to somehow get the software they need. If it's not possible to get a licensed copy in a country, there's really no other way than copying.)

estimablesir
19.10.2005, 22:10
check this out

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20031020/login/main3.htm

not that I'm saying this is the case for this particular user

Nikos
19.10.2005, 22:16
check this out

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20031020/login/main3.htmHmm.
The report notes that IIPA knew of five factory locations in Pakistan where eight firms operate optical disc production lines.That should explain why Starforce protected games aren't "available". SF games refuse to run "out of the box" even if the illegal copy is actually a pressed CD/DVD-ROM.

Even without the trade suspension, it should be very hard to find originals. Grand Theft Software.

LocutusofBorg
20.10.2005, 03:04
Grand Theft Software

LOOOOOL - really nice joke, thank you, you saved my day, hehehehe

Crappy_Soul
30.10.2005, 18:07
Daemon Tools 4 should are worth the wait and could finally overcome the deadly starforce protection system which has caused a lot of headache.

Xristaki
30.10.2005, 18:17
Daemon Tools 4 should are worth the wait and could finally overcome the deadly starforce protection system which has caused a lot of headache.

There will always be something new my friend that comes along and gives you a headache. Now that I depressed myself, I'm gonna go cry.

dance2ccs
05.11.2005, 16:09
What is the SF version of Worms 4: Mayhem?

NetSoerfer
05.11.2005, 16:42
Please don't double post (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t6470-unable-to-post-or-send-pms.html).

Use Aray Scanner (-> google) to find out which copy protection was used.

Methadon
05.11.2005, 16:45
What is the SF version of Worms 4: Mayhem?

You might found out if you check the Game Database on this site.

JoelEllison
06.11.2005, 12:30
The people above are right about how easy it is to find this information. But here's a post link describing it (Worms 4: Mayhem): link (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showpost.php?p=27795&postcount=94)

RJARRRPCGP
11.11.2005, 02:16
try unplugging all ide drives.

I currently still have PATA IDE. I hope you're not telling people to unplug their primary master HDD. :mad: Then how can I boot my PC?

NetSoerfer
11.11.2005, 10:30
No, you're not supposed to unplug your HDDs. SecuROM and StarForce check for available ATAPI drives - IDE CD/DVD drives - and doesn't accept SCSI drives if any ATAPI drives are found.

Thus you need to unplug your optical IDE drives to get StarForce to work. It has nothing to do with IDE HDDs.

Zonekill9
13.11.2005, 23:45
StarForce 3 is very effective :O. Too bad people are going to use DT 4 for bad uses.