Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEMON Tools 4.09 X86 + hanging system = :(

Hey Folks,
    I have been a daemon tools user for quiet awhile now, and I have a great run with it! Until, this persistent bug I am getting with DAEMON Tools 4.09 X86 .
    My previous working version was daemon406-x86, here are my current system stats:
    Windows XP Home edition
    Server Pack 2
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4200+
    2 gigs of ram
    Norton Internet Security 2007
    Nero 7 Ultra Edition
    I had (I have uninstalled) Power ISO 3.4 and Magic ISO 5.0.
    Here is the issue I uninstalled (the old) and loaded the new Daemon Tools, I noticed the system begin to hang, after about a minute everything seemed ok , that is until I started to load a image, when that happened the system again goes through a long wait period (2 mins), when into my computer to start to run my image the system just hangs and needs a hard boot to get back into working order.
    I updated to SPTDinst-v143-x86 manually after several uninstall / reinstall / going to the DT forums for any help I could locate there by searching but I have no clue how to fix this bug.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:

after fooling around with it some more i noticed the issue is only with .mds files... its still not an answer but at least its something

Comment

Please check new SPTD beta driver and report if it solves the issue:
      Need to mount or create an image? DAEMON Tools software is here at your service. Choose from laconic Lite, powerful Ultra or old but gold Pro and try for free.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

still doesnt work... freezes when i try to run the program or enter "my computer"... weird how it is just the .mds files ... iso's work fine.

Comment

I have the exact same problem.
          and it happens with mds files only (at least until now).

I have an Athlon 64 x2 Dual 3800+
          Xp home edition with SP2 and all updates to date
          I also have Nero 7.8.5.0 installed
          Magic ISO v5.3 build 0229 installed but its virtual cd manager not installed
          Power ISO v3.6 installed and one virtual drive assigned to it.

I use Kaspersky antivirus and firewall. I have never installed Norton.

The problem happened after installing daemon 4.0.9.1 and AMD Dual Core optimizer (I installed the dual core optimizer right after i installed daemon's latest version, so it may or may not be guilty).

I have uninstalled daemon and sptd driver, restarted and installed again. got the same problem.

Comment

Where are the images located (IDE, SATA, RAID, USB etc.)?
            Please contact our support mail support@daemon-tools.cc.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
              Where are the images located (IDE, SATA, RAID, USB etc.)?
              Please contact our support mail support@daemon-tools.cc.
              The images are stored on 2 local hard disks. one is SATA and one is IDE.
              I've discovered that mounting the mdf file directly solves the problem. mounting through the mds file causes problems. I have tried using old images to make sure and the mds mounting caused problems while mdf mounting didn't.
              I have contacted the email you mentioned and pointed them to this thread.

Comment

I also have this problem too. Is this a hardware problem?
                And how to resolve it?

my PC:
                AMD 64*2 5000+ 65mn
                ASUS M2N-PLUS SLI Vista Edition
                Leadtek 7950 GT TDH 512MB
                AcBel 500W
                Seagate 80G ATA100
                Hitachi 160G ATA133
                Teac combo*1

Comment

mount image = hanging system

Whenever I try to mount an image, my system immediately hangs... I tried installing the newest DT version, along with the new SPTD-driver, but the problem still continues... with the old version I could succesfully mount an image from time to time, but that appeared to be at totally random occasions. No luck with the new version yet

my system:
                  Intel core 2 duo
                  Asus P5VD2-MX
                  1Gb DDR2
                  MSI NX6600GT, 128MB DDR3

Comment

I have encountered the same problem where DT will hang when mounting .mds file. I found the culprit to be the newer version of SPTD driver(Both 1.43 and 1.45). I downgraded to DT 4.08 and SPTD 1.38 and the same image now mounts without any problem.

Comment

Do you have dual core system? If you use energy options (e.g. Cool and Quiet), or if you use e.g. AMD DualCore Optimizer, try to disable these options/remove these programs -> does it help?

Comment

Hanging

I had a similar problem. I have an Intel E6600@2,4 GHz 2GB RAM, SATA HDD, SATA DVD writer and Asus P5B Deluxe mainboard. I switched on my computer today and noticed that a process, namely the System Process uses 100% CPU core #2 (Process Explorer). I peaked into it and saw an spdt.sys thread eating up time. I also saw a lot of NtQueueWorkItem entries. I remembered that I left an image - a no-dvd image of a game SuprCmdr (mdf/mds image). I clicked on the daemon icon and my computer freezed completely. After reset i quickly removed the image.

Comment

A "no-dvd image"? In other words, you downloaded the image. Try recreating an image using your original disc (assuming you do have one).

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
                            A "no-dvd image"? In other words, you downloaded the image. Try recreating an image using your original disc (assuming you do have one).
                            I guess he uses a mini/maxi-image, no warez-thing.

Comment

I never said he was using warez. I said that - assuming he does have the original disc - he should remake his image from that. You never know what you'll get from a downloaded image.

Comment

Working...
                              X