Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error code 5

Hi,
    My daemon tools dont want to install, it says: "unable to create service, error code 5." and when trying to modify the key in registry: "error reading the value's contents. Could you please help me?

so, there is no solution? :/

Comment

Which version of DTools are you installing? Is it the latest 4.09.1 version?

Comment

Yeah, the latest version, .... tryed and alcohol but that doesnt work too. The problem appears when tools try to install SPTD

Comment

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and running setup?

Comment

uh, thats another problem, I think allso connected with SPTD, I cannot boot into safe mode

Comment

Error 5 means that access is denied during registry access.
              Someone is blocking it - check what software you have installed. It is not DT problem. And if you cannot even boot
              in safe mode then your system is corrupt: plain and easy.
              What help do you expect from us?

Comment

Okay, nevermind that dude beforem i have soloved the problem by myself... this is what u have done:
                the sptd key in registry was somehove corrupt and i could delete only after i have given full user control on " permissions". After the key was deleted i have downloaded and instaled daemon tools with no problem, that is and sptd service with them...

Comment

Working...
                X