Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT drives and vmware

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to do an install in vmware of for example CentOS which has 4 ISOs in my hard disk? I have them virtualized but how to make vmware boot from the 1st CD and then keep on with the installation with the second ISO?

Thank you.

daemon tools / alcohol -> windows only.. wont work in centos

vmware allows you to mount iso files directly, check the cd/dvd configuration portion...

you can also mount the image in daemon tools, then have vmware use that drive 'physically'...
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I know I can mount directly ISOs with vmware, but the installation contains 4 CDs, so 4 ISOs... Not just one...

Comment

so mount each one as/when its required...
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

You should be able to tell VMWare to use the DTools virtual drive as the "DVD-ROM" for installation, then just switch images in the virtual drive as requested during setup.

Comment

Originally Posted by profesional View Post
            I know I can mount directly ISOs with vmware, but the installation contains 4 CDs, so 4 ISOs... Not just one...

you can mount different ISOs in VMware directly (when the VM is running!).

There is no need for DT.
            Upgrade your programs:
            DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

Originally Posted by ..::shiFt::.. View Post
              you can mount different ISOs in VMware directly (when the VM is running!).

There is no need for DT.
              ^^ yup, and even if you prefer to use DT for it, VMWare can autodetect the cd drive you have the centos cd inserted in. I have installed plenty of Linux flavors from Ubuntu to Mandrake via VMWare + Daemon-Tools (simultaneously installed 2 new ones the other day, Freespire and Xandros). If you have other CD's monted or inserted into a CD/DVD drive, you can just edit the settings for that Virtual OS setup and specify which drive to use. DT will show up
              No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Working...
              X