PDA

View Full Version : DT drives and vmware

profesional
09.05.2007, 22:57
Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to do an install in vmware of for example CentOS which has 4 ISOs in my hard disk? I have them virtualized but how to make vmware boot from the 1st CD and then keep on with the installation with the second ISO?

Thank you.

evlncrn8
10.05.2007, 07:03
daemon tools / alcohol -> windows only.. wont work in centos

vmware allows you to mount iso files directly, check the cd/dvd configuration portion...

you can also mount the image in daemon tools, then have vmware use that drive 'physically'...

profesional
10.05.2007, 07:08
I know I can mount directly ISOs with vmware, but the installation contains 4 CDs, so 4 ISOs... Not just one...

evlncrn8
10.05.2007, 09:50
so mount each one as/when its required...

Jito463
10.05.2007, 13:45
You should be able to tell VMWare to use the DTools virtual drive as the "DVD-ROM" for installation, then just switch images in the virtual drive as requested during setup.

..::shiFt::..
10.05.2007, 18:37
I know I can mount directly ISOs with vmware, but the installation contains 4 CDs, so 4 ISOs... Not just one...

you can mount different ISOs in VMware directly (when the VM is running!).

There is no need for DT.

Dllfile
11.05.2007, 00:27
you can mount different ISOs in VMware directly (when the VM is running!).

There is no need for DT.
^^ yup, and even if you prefer to use DT for it, VMWare can autodetect the cd drive you have the centos cd inserted in. I have installed plenty of Linux flavors from Ubuntu to Mandrake via VMWare + Daemon-Tools (simultaneously installed 2 new ones the other day, Freespire and Xandros). If you have other CD's monted or inserted into a CD/DVD drive, you can just edit the settings for that Virtual OS setup and specify which drive to use. DT will show up ;)