• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot get rid of virtual cdrom after uninstall...winxp crashes

Operating System: windows xp sp1
    Burning Software: nero burning rom 6.0.0.9
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33 and 3.41

I uninstalled daemon 3.33 and tried installing 3.41 but the virtual driver from 3.33 was still there after numerous reboots.

I tried the instructions in the other forum but when I try to remove the pnp bios extension, windows simply crashes and reboots on itself. Same thing happens when I try to remove the SCSI controller for it as well.

Somebody please help me, this thing is driving me nuts!!!?!?! I searched the daemon help files..etc and it talked about loading up CGSV or something like that.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Remove (or rename) C:\windows\system32\drivers\st3shark.sys and pnpshark.sys. Might be something different on 3.33 though.

Comment

I just installed 3.41 and am using it right now, so I have 2 virtual drivers. The SCSI driver 3.33 is using is called st3wolf.sys. But the pnp one I only can find the pnpshark.sys which I think is being used by 3.41. Should I delete both of these?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Thanx for all the help Andareed.
          I just deleted the st2wolf.sys file only and the virtual drive is gone. You're sure I should delete pnpshark.sys as well?

btw, how do I change the drive letter? :|

Comment

Well, you can try just deleting the one file, but I would delete the pnpshark file too.

To change drive letters, run diskmgmt.msc.

Comment

Working...
            X